PDA

View Full Version : T206 Mathewson Dark Cap

Archive
04-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Posted By: <b>joseph</b><p>I have a friend that has a PSA 7 Mathewson that he wants to trade. I don't mind trading material just so we both get a fair deal. My problem is I know an elderly man in PA. that has a raw Mathewson that would grade better than my friends. I can see the card being a SGC 7.5 or 8 or maybe a PSA 8. Since the card would grade no worst than a PSA 7 and should grade higher than that. Which deal should I try to close. If you say the elder gentlemans, then what is the card worth?

Archive
04-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>without question the PSA 7! it is already slabbed...the raw one is NOT guaranteed to get slabbed, you never know, could have been slightly trimmed, or altered in some way (not saying the guy did it, might have been tampered with years ago. <br /><br />be safe & smart, trade for the 7

Archive
04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>I would try to go after the raw one as long as the owner agreed to a return if the card failed to grade. Your only risk would then be that it graded out lower than expected.

Archive
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>If your going to have the raw one graded anyway, just ask the owner to have it graded now. After it's graded you can figure out which one to trade for.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Posted By: <b>joseph</b><p>The elder gentleman doesn't want to take the time to send it in and I understand his point of view. I know that this card will grade at least PSA 7 or SGC 7.5 or 8. I am going to take the his card . What would the cash value be? My other friend was willing to trade for it using his PSA 7 for some of my cards. I would much rather trade but he doesn't want to have cards anymore. So what should I offer?