PDA

View Full Version : Not Pre-War...1932 Sanella Authentication Help--Ruth

Archive
04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Harrison</b><p>About 2 or 3 years ago I bought a 1932 Sanella Babe Ruth. Honestly, I don't remember if the guy garunteed authenticity or not. The card is in great shape, sharp corners, nice white border. I wanted to know if it is authentic though with out spending money to send it to be graded. I was hoping that maybe there were some pictures I could take of the card to show you guys if it was authentic. Please let me know what pictures to take, I'll take them. Thanks for the help.<br /><br />**edited for title**

Archive
04-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Harrison</b><p>Also, I just examined the card a bit more closely. (sp?) and I see small circles as though it was printed that way. I do not see any lines on the card (printing lines).

Archive
04-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>The Sanella Ruths have not been reprinted. There are a lot of Ruth Goudey reprints and fakes, but Senellas aren't a big worry. They are on paper, not cardboard.

Archive
04-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Harrison</b><p>This has been bugging me for the past few years. I picked up the card for twenty something dollars. The card has 4 sharp corners. The borders are extremely white. I think I am going to send it in to get it graded. Thanks for the help!

Archive
04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>For whatever reason, the Senella Ruths are often found in high grade. So sharp condition itself shouldn't cause concern that it's a reprint.

Archive
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Harrison</b><p>I noticed that, but I have to say this one is pristine. Nicer then anyone I have ever seen for auction. I'll get pictures up in about 15 minutes.

Archive
04-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>The one thing is I don't think a scammer would make a computer reprint of Senalla. If he wanted to sell a counterfeit Ruth they'd reprint a Goudey, Maple Crispette or something like that. It's kind of like with Mickey Mantle. Scammers are going to counterfeit Mantle's 1952 Topps o5 1951 Bowman, not his Renata Galasso All-Time Greats card.

Archive
04-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Harrison</b><p>The one thing I noticed on the card is that about half an inch away from the word "freigelaffen" is to small lines...almost like this " They are very small, maybe too small to see on a picture taken of the back. But I know I havent seen the " on any of the other cards. However, I havent seen a scan of the back of one...only a picture.