PDA

View Full Version : How many chances do you give a seller

Archive
04-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>I recently picked up a lot of 13 T cards, all from the same set. When I got them I noticed that one card was very obviously trimmed. I wrote the seller an email and got no response and it has been well over a week.<br /><br />Now the lot was not high dollar and neither is the card, but I will need it for my set and a trimmed one won't do.<br /><br />So opinions on what I should do? Honestly all I really wanted was an "I am very sorry we must have missed that" email.<br /><br />So should I <br /><br />A give them a neg<br />B give a neutral<br />C postivie?<br /><br />The rest of the cards were fine and I doubt it would have inpacted my bid, but it is more the principle of the thing.<br /><br />Lastly, are you a 1 and done person. Ie these people did not provide good service to me so I won't buy from them again.<br /><br /><br />James Gallo<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
04-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve M.</b><p>D. Do nothing<br /><br />Why risk a retaliatory neg over one card of 13?

Archive
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>I would forget about it and never deal with that seller again.

Archive
04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>Move On

Archive
04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>standing on principal can cost more than it's worth...<br /><br />I recently bought a $30 vintage card on Ebay, only to have the wrong card delivered very late - and to top it off, I can almost guarantee that it's a fake. Get this, the seller then says that he made a mistake and mixed up two of his shipments, sending me some other guy's card, and mine to someone else...so please return it and he will ship me the right card.<br /><br />I kept pestering him until he sent me the card that I was supposed to get in the first place (just for fun, because I was dying to see if that was fake too), telling him that I would return the mistaken shipment.<br /><br />Well, I got it, and it is fake too. I didn't pursue my $ back, I didn't leave any feedback at all, and I have 2 fake cards. I figure if I keep them, then that's 2 fewer fraudulent transactions he can make in the future. <br /><br />That's me, saving the world from one fake card at a time. -or maybe two!<br /><br />Another way I can prove it is fake: the seller never bothered me for either card!!! Didn't ask after them, demand anything back, or give me a negative feeback. That is why I am reasonably confident that I am NOT sitting on $150 worth of vintage cards, having only paid $30...<br /><br />edited to add: the 2 cards are a 1940 Play Ball Arky Vaughan and a 1941 Double Play Handley/Vaughan

Archive
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Not to hijack this thread but how long should you wait for a buyer to send funds? I think that ebay gives you 30 days to report a non-conforming bidder so that the final value fees aren't charged to you. If you wait too long then you're out the final value fees. Is that correct? Bottom line, how long should a seller have to wait for payment before taking action?

Archive
04-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>I have left a positive (since it was shipped and they held up their end of the bargain) with negative wording (Trimmed card - arrived promptly!)<br /><br />something like that so you can't get negative back but you still explain what happened...<br /><br />R

Archive
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>something like that so you can't get negative back but you still explain what happened...<br /><br /><br />Really? what makes you so sure that the seller after seeing that you left him what we call a Negative dressed like a Positive can't give you a Neg?<br /><br />This is a holiday week. he may be out of town. I have seen people get Negged after leaving just such 'positives'<br /><br />I would have waited a lil longer for a reply. I also would have emailed again too.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Give the seller fair time to pay (14 days + notice and chance to respond?). If you start a non-payment report, then receive payment you can check that he paid and there will be no harm to the buyer. I believe eBay requires you to notify the buyer that his payment hasn't been received before you can do the report-- so it's never a case where a buyer is blindsided by a report.

Archive
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Brett</b><p>Why did you buy the cards if you knew that one card was obviously trimmed ?