PDA

View Full Version : Reference checks.....important

Archive
04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey guys and girls, <br />I have had several folks ask me to be a reference for them for auction houses. If I know you, and have done business with you, or know you well from the board, I don't mind giving a reference. Please make sure you tell me, or anyone else for that matter if you use them, before using me/them for a reference. One thing I don't care for is being asked about a reference for someone when I wasn't made privy of it. It's sort of a common courtesy thing. I know of one builder in my area that used me as a reference after building my house. He didn't ask me first and should have. His partner did all of the work as he and I didn't speak for months during the construction...since he blew up at me for no reason. Needless to say I doubt very seriously he ever got a contract from anyone he gave my name. Had he asked me first I would have been straight up with him and he would have done better......He and I are still friends but I wouldn't let him build me another house.....and I am sure he doesn't even realize I don't give him good references....but he has never asked.