PDA

View Full Version : Crossover to SGC

Archive
04-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Snyder</b><p>I am sure that this topic has been covered in the past but I see that SGC no longer does crossover grading for cards in excess of $500.<br />I have a CTA graded card that I am pretty sure will grade the same as graded with CTA.<br />The value will be over $500.<br />Will SGC still accept the card (for grading) in the CTA slab?<br />Thanks

Archive
04-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>You have two options:<br /><br />1. Crack out and submit if you are not willing to declare the maximum value at $500 or under. <br />2. Submit for crossover with or without a minium grade. Either way, you have to declare a maximum value of $500 or less. The $500 maximum is a cap value to limit SGC's liability for breaking cards out of a slab. As there is obviously some risk to this.

Archive
04-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Snyder</b><p>thanks Mike...great information. Just wanted to make sure that I could still submit the card in the original holder. I dont want to take the chance of cracking the card out of the holder either..<br />

Oscar_Stanage
02-24-2021, 04:02 PM
reviving an old thread....

how do crossovers actually work? If I send a bunch of PSAs to SGC and ask for a minimum grade, will I get back raw cards if they do not meet the minimum? in other words, does SGC crack the slab to evaluate the card?

BobbyStrawberry
02-24-2021, 04:30 PM
PSA states that they will leave as is unless they will meet the crossover grade. Odd that SGC doesn't seem to clarify this. I recommend emailing them; I've written to them with questions and they've always responded.

robw1959
02-24-2021, 07:34 PM
Neither PSA nor SGC will remove a card from it's original holder if it doesn't meet the criteria for a minimum crossover grade.