PDA

View Full Version : autograph help?

Archive
03-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>Does anyone know what a fair price for an Abner doubleday autograph would be? Looking to buy one REALLY quick and wanted to see if I was spending more money then I needed to...<br /><br />watching this space!<br /><br /><br />russ<br />

Archive
03-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Depends on if it's legit. Is it on a ball? is it on a postcard ? is it on a sheet of paper? Letter ? too many scenarios to tell you. is it faded...on and on. Can you please scan it....

Archive
03-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>On REA last year, a Doubleday signed 1860s CDV photo sold for $350, and a lot of two signed bank documents for $3,500. I don't think either prices include premium. You can search for them at the web site.

Archive
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>The CDV was NOT SIGNED. As I thought about it, the $350 seemed low so I double checked.<br /><br />The 2 bank documents were signed.

Archive
03-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Russ Bright</b><p>it was a very nice letter explaining that he would give his autograph, but not write any war stories to the requestor.<br /><br />went for about 1200 dollars, and I missed the bidding because I had something pressing at work... damn...<br /><br /><br />yeah, sorry I couldn't give more info the auction was less than 15 minutes from ending when I posted, just a las minute find myself...<br /><br />oh well, more money for cards!<br /><br />

Archive
03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>Spend enough time to make sure it's authentic.