PDA

View Full Version : Winston-Salem Dinner I

Archive
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i had the pleasure of meeting Brian Weisner last night, while i was visiting North Carolina this week. we had a great dinner (NY Strip Steaks & Michelob Ultras) at a local country club, then made it back to his home to view, what i consider "the greatest collection of T206 backs known to exist". period. i won't get into too much detail, i value Brian's privacy, but i was just simply blown-away by the size & scope of his incredible collection. very inspiring. <br /><br /><br />no agenda<br />no note pad<br /><br />thanks again Brian, looking forward to Winston-Salem Dinner II<br />

Archive
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>From reading Brian's posts over the last 2 or 3 years and seeing some of the scans that he has posted, it's more than evident that his t206 collection is INCREDIBLE. <br /><br />Must've been exciting to see that many rare backs in person!<br /><br />Rob

Archive
03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Michael,<br /> Thanks for the kind words, you're always welcome here in NC. Too bad we don't have more Board members here, as I'm sure we would have a great dinner. Maybe next time we can invite the VA guys down and have a feast.<br /> Be well Brian<br /><br />PS I'm afraid I turned Michael into a rare back nut like me.....

Archive
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee</b><p>Brian,<br /><br />I'm already a rare back nut (that is all I collect) and I'm from VA, so I would be happy to drive the distance for the next rare back dinner as long as its on the same weekend as the Raleigh show....<br /><br />Lee H

Archive
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Lee,<br /> I haven't been to a show in years, but whenever you hit NC give me a call and we'll do dinner, or if it's during Basketball season, we'll go to a game at the Hill... Be well Brian

Archive
03-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee</b><p>Brian,<br /><br />Sounds good, I will have plenty of time to travel this next summer / fall, so I'll let you know and we'll catch a game and dinner. Hopefully I'll be able to see that great t206 collection. If not hoops, a minor league baseball game, I know Winston-Salem plays my Salem Avalanche often (Salem is where I go to School)! I'll contact you when I'm going to a Raleigh Show.<br /><br />Regards,<br />Lee H

Archive
03-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Lee,<br /> That's cool.... We can always see the Warthogs play at Ernie Shore field. And Thristy Thursday is always fun.... Be well Brian<br /><br /><br />PS I played most of my High School games there and it is totally awesome..