PDA

View Full Version : E91 question

Archive
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>How can one tell the difference between an E91-A and E91-B? I believe the teams are the same - but not for <br />E91-C -, so is back color the only differentiation?<br /><br><br>"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Archive
03-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Posted By: <b>Turner Engle</b><p>I believe E91-A was issued in 1908 with the checklist of the Athletics, New York , and Chicago on the back.<br /><br />E91-B was issued in 1909 with the checklist of Chicago, Athletics, and New York.<br /><br />E91-C was issued in 1910 with Pittsburg, Washington, and Boston on back.<br /><br />

Archive
03-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>Since the teams are the same, is there some way to determine if the issue year was 1908 or 1909? If not, how can you distinguish?<br><br>"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong

Archive
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy Cook</b><p>You can distinguish A's from B's because the way the team checklists are arrayed on the back are different. They're arrayed as one up and then two down. The order of the teams is different between the two sets. Also there are differences in the players included.<br /><br />Andy

Archive
03-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy</b><p>Andy Cook was totally right, I just wanted to add this link to Old Cardboard where you can see a visual of the backs with the different descriptions all together. You just need to memorize which year has which arrangement.<br /><br /><A HREF="http://www.oldcardboard.com/e/e1/e091/e91.asp?cardsetID=728" TARGET="_blank">e91's at Old Cardboard</A><br /><br />Scroll down a little on the page that opens.<br><br>Thanks,<br /><br />Andy