PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Convention Center Show (3/16-3/18)

Archive
03-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Guys,<br /><br />The 49er stars, Montana, Rice, Lott and others are expected at this weekend's show. It's been a long time since I've been to the Convention Center. What kind of prewar stuff can I expect to find. I'll probably end up going on Sunday morning for a couple of hours.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
03-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Who puts this one on? How big is it? Is it worth going to for anything? Inquiring minds want to know!

Archive
03-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Cobby,<br /><br />The show is being given by GT Sports Marketing. And besides the guys I've mentioned Steve Young, Reggie Bush and Gale Sayers will be there to sign autographs. I don't know how these shows can afford to have this many football stars appearing to sign autographs.<br /><br />Friday is free, Sat. and Sun. it's 10 bucks to get in.<br /><br />Although this show is marketed as an football autograph hound's delight, I would be cautious. A lot of times not all the stars show up.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
03-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Thanks for the info!

Archive
03-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Guys,<br /><br />There wasn't that much prewar stuff at the show, but I picked up a '33 Goudey Muddy Ruel and a '34 Diamond Stars Sparky Adams (nr. mt.) from Mark McCrae.<br /><br />But what made the show worthwhile is I picked up the 1955 All-American Football Four Horseman card. I always wanted that card.<br /><br />Gale Sayers will be there tomorrow around 12:00 noon to sign.<br /><br />Peter