PDA

View Full Version : D.C. chapter II

Archive
03-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Evans</b><p>I think maybe it's time to move forward on our second meeting of the D.C. chapter. Several thoughts come to mind.<br /><br />First, as last time, I think we should coordinate this meeting by e-mails and then post the time and place once determined. No need to clog up the board with lots of back and forth over Mickey D's v. Chick-fil-A.<br /><br />Second, based upon the prior thread, I count 20 people with a potential interest in attending. Since we are spread out from Baltimore to areas well south of D.C., one option would be to meet at a restaurant near a Metro station downtown.<br /><br />Third, while I am indifferent as to the day of the week and time, since some folks might be traveling significant distances, perhaps a weekend lunch works best.<br /><br />So, let me propose that we meet for lunch on a Saturday or Sunday at Capitol City Brewery next door to Union Station. This venue offers the added virtue of allowing folks outside the Metro system to commute by train, and would therefore open up our meeting to the NYC guys (as well as anyone else on the Amtrak line) in the event they're willing to take on Ken Cohen and the rest of the D.C. crew.<br /><br />Assuming you find this proposal workable, please advise me of your preferred dates in April and May. On the other hand, feel free to offer alternatives. Mark

Archive
03-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Evans</b><p>In the several days since my first post, I have yet to receive an e-mail message from anyone wishing to participate. I'm not sure the reason given the support for this idea as reflected in the prior thread. Perhaps folks prefer to communicate via the Board rather than by e-mail as I had suggested. If that's the case, feel free to comment here on my proposal or any alternatives.<br /><br />Also, it's not my nature to cajole, or even encourage, participation in something like this. I'm more comfortable making a suggestion and then coordinating an activity for those who express an interest to participate. So, I'm probably not the best person to take the lead in this effort. If anyone else wishes to jump in, please do so. In that case, I would be pleased to assist in any way I can and participate in any planned activity. Mark