PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding crossing over cards from SGC to PSA

Archive
02-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott L</b><p>Guys<br />If I send a card to PSA in an SGC holder and tell them I want them to crack it out and slab it with no minimum grade requirement will they do that? Thanks.<br /><br />Scott

Archive
02-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Griffin's</b><p>yes.<br />

Archive
02-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott L</b><p>appreciate it<br /><br />Another question............do they charge more to crack it or can I submit it under the normal $13 charge?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />

Archive
02-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>should be normal service charge, just mark it crossover & no minimum grade.

Archive
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Michael....you cant send the slabbed card in the same package as a bunch of raw cards can you?<br /><br />Dave

Archive
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>same package: yes...<br /><br />but must be on a different submission form.<br /><br />(just to make sure call PSA's toll free # 800-325-1121 to verify)

Archive
02-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott L</b><p>I'm hoping for a bump in grade and don't like my chances as much sending it in slabbed.<br /><br />I think I have a 50/50 shot.

Archive
02-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Burke</b><p>you can't mix submission types or service levels on the same submission form. There are three types of submissions - grading, crossover and reviews and many service types depending on the declared value of the card, vintage vs. modern etc. You can find the instructions on the PSA website and you can print submission forms as well. The raw submission may require more than one form depending on the type of service you require. The crossover, as someone pointed out, should be on a separate form.

Archive
02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>There is virtually no chance of a bump with PSA if you send in another company's holder. If it is deserving of a bump, they will cross it at the same grade. SGC will bump when they deem it the correct thing to do, but I have never heard of PSA doing it. And it is not because their standards are more strict. <br /><br />Has anybody here ever crossed something to PSA from another company's holder and received a bump? I would love to be proved wrong.<br />JimB

Archive
02-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Posted By: <b>aro13</b><p>JimB - I have had a few crossover in higher grades. I even had a GAI card cross to the same grade, which is probably more of an accomplishment. I had a vintage BGS 7 (when they first started) cross to a PSA 8 and an SCD 7 (when they first started) cross to a PSA 8.

Archive
02-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark Burke</b><p>I had a Jim Palmer (71 Topps) in an SGC holder (SGC 921189220-134) which I submitted to PSA and it came back as altered since I specified a minimum grade for the cross. But, I should have resubmitted it which I never did.

Archive
02-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i have had PSA cross several cards to the same grade (SGC & GAI)...i have also cracked-out some cards (which i felt were worthy of higher grades)...and a few of them were rewarded a higher grade (but they were raw)...<br /><br />also, not sure if this counts, but i just sent in an SGC 1.5 T200 Cleveland card (which had a pencil mark on the back), and PSA slabbed it a 2(mk)...

Archive
02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I stand happily corrected. I have had such bad experiences myself, I just assumed they must have an unwritten policy of not bumping cards on crossover. I am glad that I was wrong.<br />JimB

Archive
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>Anytime I see a vintage card in an old Sports Collectors Digest slab (red logo), I try to buy them. For me, nearly every one has crossed over to a higher PSA grade. Just make sure you don't buy any SCD slabs that are from Sports Card Direct, because they are a joke. Sports Collectors Digest grading failed because they graded too strictly and that was business suicide for a new company trying to compete with PSA & SGC. They sold out to Sports Card Direct and now the grading is overly lenient and a sad joke. <br />

Archive
03-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim</b><p>why would you want to cross an SGC slab to PSA?

Archive
03-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Posted By: <b>George Dreher</b><p>Hi Jim. I would never crossover from SGC to PSA, but as I said in my previous message, I would be a fool not to crossover an old red logo SCD (Sports Collectors Digest) slab to PSA because nearly every one I have sent in achieves a higher PSA grade. That is why Sports Collectors Digest grading went out of business and sold the operation to Sports Card Direct....they were too harsh in their grading and not established themselves enough to grade as strictly as they did. No one wants a new grading company to give them a grade of 5 when they can send to PSA and get a 6.<br /> I am constantly seeking out old red logo SCD, ASA and CSA slabs to bid on and have made six figure profits in recent years reselling them in PSA slabs.