PDA

View Full Version : If the BST was a...

Archive
03-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Posted By: <b>nbrazil</b><p>an Ebay seller, what would his positive feedback percentage be? If it's not 100%, what kinds of negative feedback would there be?<br /><br />If the BST was an Ebay buyer, what would his positive feedback percentage be? If it's not 100%, what kinds of negative feedback would there be?

Archive
03-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>Obviously, I can only speak for myself and my experiences.<br />Having said this, 100% positive!<br />This is my favorite place to buy. I've bought several 206s off BST and<br />have found the cards and the folks I've dealt with to be top drawer.<br />Some great colleagues and friends have come about as well.<br /><br />all the best,<br /><br />barry

Archive
03-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I have done probably 30-40 deals via BST, both buying and selling, and 100% have gone smoothly.<br />JimB

Archive
03-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott T</b><p>I have bought more than I have sold on the BST board and have never had a problem in either aspect.<br><br>Scott <br />

Archive
03-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>every deal i've done has worked out for both parties to the best of my knowledge, i've never had a complaint to give nor received from any board member...<br /><br />the only thing is that sometimes you cant reach an agreement on price or trade value...and in ebay terms that means "you were outbid!" or "the reserve has not been met!"

Archive
03-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I have only bought on B/S/T, but every transaction has been problem-free and pleasant. And more fair prices to be had on B/S/T than eBay. Just my opinion.

Archive
03-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Evanov</b><p>Small sample. eight deals...one bad.<br><br>Frank

Archive
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Koteles</b><p>one would be that there should be equal trust in sending when a recognizable name appears.<br /><br />two-many times Iam very busy and leave my store to keep a promise to send a card when I say iam going to send...if overnight is agreed or whatever the case is, do what you are going to say you are going to do. SOme have waited 2 weeks and state Iam busy. I do not want to hear that "PRIMA DONNA"crap, just send the frickin card.<br /><br />I personally detest BEST OFFERS, state what you want for it. You know what you have into the card, settle on what you are comfortable with and move on. The back & forth stuff is too enduring for me. Just email me and say, "IAm retarded" I dont really want to sell it.

Archive
03-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Posted By: <b>jeffdrum</b><p>Amen Dan! Any listing I see that says, "Taking Offers" is immediately passed on by me. Tell me what you want and if and I'll decide if I want it. I have paid over the going ebay rate for cards I wanted but at least I knew what the price was. When you are a seller, don't make the customer do the work.<br /><br />That makes it the Buy?sell/Trade/Fish page.<br /><br />Likewise on the rare instances that I list a few things for sale I put the price I want. I am not listing items with a price to solicit offers.

Archive
03-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Ellis</b><p>I have only bought on the BST - never sold. I have had more than 50 deals and all have been positive. I never respond to "Best Offers". If the item is over priced (in my opinion) I simply pass. I check the listings several times a day and sometimes I am lucky. Most often I probably overpay. However, I am a collector and I am happy that I aquired a card that I needed (actually most often wanted). Love the BST!

Archive
03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>I agree with all of the above. All my experiences with the BST have been 100% positive, and many times the shipping has been faster than ebay.<br /><br />Maintaining a 100% feedback on the board is way more important than maintaining ebay feedback where you could easily have a bum buyer or bum seller.

Archive
03-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I have only had good experiences there but it could be because of my title, I guess. I want to know about all bad deals on the BST. I am not saying I want to know if someone wants $3500 for a $200 card, it's your right to not buy and their right to ask whatever they want to. I also don't respond to many of the "taking offers" posts but I certainly have no issue with people putting those up there. If it's something I really need I will make an offer....but 99% of the time I don't "need" what's on there. I might want it but don't need it. It's always caveat emptor over there and again, tell me what goes wrong. My warnings to folks can help alleviate future issues....though I would prefer to completely stay out of those transactions. Remember to treat others the way you want to be treated, COMMUNICATE, and all will be good....Overall I think it's a good place and a hell of a lot safer than ebay (and free isn't bad either)....imo...regards

Archive
03-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Stone</b><p>I have had nothing but positive experiences with B/S/T. It has enabled me to finish several subsets. I have also had members send me leads on where I might find certain cards even when they did not have them in their inventory. It has been a very productive avenue for me in my card collecting.