PDA

View Full Version : next big movers of the t206 set?

Archive
02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>as i recently completed the hofer group of cards, i found it hard to find certain cards in grades of 2-4. i was wondering what will be the next 4-5 cards that will get harder and harder to find??? (not counting the major players)<br /><br />these were the hardest to find for me<br /><br />johnny evers (port)<br />tris speaker<br />george davis<br />nap lajoie (port)<br />

Archive
02-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>here is a list i have posted in the past...cards which were issued ONLY in the 150 series (thus being tuffer)...<br /><br />wagner (obviously)<br />g. brown, chi<br />m. brown, cubs<br />burch, bat<br />donlin, knees<br />evers, cubs<br />pattee<br />pelty<br />powers<br />reulbach, glove<br /><br />this list can be found in lew lipset's book.<br /><br />then there are cards which exhibit team designation changes (which were short printed or only offered with certain brands)...<br /><br />demmitt, st.l<br />o'hara, st.l<br />elberfeld, wash<br />dahlen, bk<br />g. brown, wash<br />f. smith, chi & bos<br />lundgren, chi<br />kleinow, bos<br />

Archive
02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Darren</b><p>Anthony, <br />I've also noticed the Evers portrait a bit toought to find than the others.

Archive
02-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>All true. However I would also like to point out the Evers with Cubs on his shirt (blue background) is very difficult.<br /><br />Frank Smith Chicago and Boston is very hard in any grade above a 4 and sells for huge premiums.

Archive
02-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>i would love to have a demmitt or o'hara in my collection but it seems that they get scooped up quickly, hard to predict a final sale price lately. i would like to add maybe 2-3 "tougher" cards like the elberfeld (wash) or the smith chicago & boston to my collection sometime in the near future but anything higher than a 3 doesnt pop up that often...at least when i'm looking

Archive
02-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i won the smith, chi & bos PSA 5 tonight on eBay...i think i got it for a great price ($849).