PDA

View Full Version : How do you price Ex-Mt?

Archive
02-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Geno</b><p>I'm just curious - how do you price an ex-mt card? I was looking at the SCD Price Guide and noticed that it says an ex-mt (or vg-ex) card is generally priced halfway between the two grades. I don't think that's true at all. An ex-mt (or PSA 6) card is much closer in price to a ex(5) than a nm(7). I keep records of the cards I'm looking for, so I have an idea what an ex-mt goes for in T202s, but what if you just find something that catches your eye in an ex-mt grade and you want to guess at its "book value?" My guess off the top of my head for a T202 common is 20% for Ex, and 35% for Ex-mt (based on NM "book" prices as 100%). Halfway in between would give you about 60% or so if you go by the "book."<br /><br />Take Care, Geno

Archive
02-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>I think a lot of the valuations may have to do with the set the cards come from. Cards with a larger overall population probably have a better chance of having cards in much better condition than ExMt than cards with a smaller overall population.