PDA

View Full Version : E107 Type 2 question

Archive
02-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Scott B's post of his E107 Type 1 and 2 Delahanty cards reminded me of a question I've had for a long time. Are the Type 2's on much thicker stock than Type 1's? The reason I ask is that Type 1's very commonly have severely rounded corners. Type 2's usually don't. I know there is speculation that Type 2's were cut from some sort of advertising display, and I could see how that would explain the difference in corner wear if they were cut from a display long after they were issued. But if they were cut from the display 100 years ago, it doesn't seem like that should be a factor.

Archive
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Andy Baran</b><p>E107 Type 2's are on thicker cardboard stock than the Type 1's.

Archive
02-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>they are probably cut from the acutal package the candy came in, they are on a grey stock often seen on packaging of this type, and often carry staining as would be associated with the caramel. However, the Delehanty type 2 DOES have the purple Breisch Williams overprint on the back. Were the E107's indeed stamped after the fact by the company? maybe? It is the same card pictured in Lew's book.<br /><br />Scott

Archive
02-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I think the type I's were issued on a softer paper that is more susceptible to wear. The box or sign the type 2's were cut from appear to be higher quality stock.