PDA

View Full Version : CNBC Power Lunch -Coming on in 2 minutes

Archive
02-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Good segment coming on CNBC POWER LUNCH with Bill Griffuth.<br /><br />Ssports memorabilia and auctions...dont miss it!

Archive
02-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I put CNBC on six minutes after you posted and did miss it! Not much lead time.

Archive
02-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Yeah I just find out few minutes ago... They had David Hunt from Hunt Auctions showing of a few pieces from their upcoming auction!

Archive
02-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>that the collecting world is heating up, more $$ being "invested" etc?<br /><br />if so, there might be a market top coming!

Archive
02-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>If there are going to be investors my guess is that they'll stick with the high dollar stuff. They'll probably be slab heads that get caught up in the High Grade stuff. Then they'll probably educate themselves and graduate to the rare/scarce stuff. <br /><br />Hopefully people wont buy into the hype and the hopefull any further investors will just stay out of the hobby... <br /><br />

Archive
02-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Howard W. Rosenberg</b><p>I'm home with a cold and hardly turn to CNBC during the day, but happened to catch the last 2 minutes. During that time, Hunt showed four items I saw from his upcoming auction, mostly baseballs, including an autographed Babe Ruth one and mentioned that Ruth was the first player to widely sign balls on the sweet spot. The very last item was a black betsy Joe Jackson bat that he thinks will fetch $3,000 to $4,000. About a month ago, I saw Mike Gutierrez appraising on the Antique Roadshow on PBS. But the funniest thing was about two years ago: there's a Dummy Hall for Hall of Fame movement, and somebody I know (not by face) from Columbus, Ohio, was wearing such a shirt at the Columbus version of the show, and I immediately knew who it was--and got to meet him in person at Gallaudet U. here in D.C. last May with all his Dummy Hoy scrapbooks.