PDA

View Full Version : How tough is 1932 U.S. Caramel?

Archive
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Justin</b><p>Hey yall, just wondering how tough the 1932 U.S. Caramel set is to find? I seldom see anything on ebay, and hadn't heard of the set til recently.<br /><br />I am slowly building an HOF rookie card collection, and am wondering about reasonable pricing for the Grove in particular?<br /><br />thanks in advance.<br /><br />Justin

Archive
02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Be forewarned that recent evidence shows that the set is actually from 1933 and is now listed as such in the 2007 Standard Catalog.<br /><br />However, they are still much harder to find than 1933 Goudeys, so they will probably be worth more in the long run.

Archive
02-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark Burke</b><p>based on the recent auctions I have seen, this set is not only scarce, the cards are heavily pursued and the bidding is extremely competitive. The most recent Grove sale for a PSA 4 was 4X SMR.

Archive
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Darren</b><p>TOUGH.

Archive
02-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>especially if you want one guy. I looked for my O'Doul for about a year before finding one. <br /><br />I purchased a 1948 Leaf boxing set at auction and after a few days noticed a discrepancy in the cards; seems the seller had collected a US Caramel Jack Sharkey in place of the Leaf Sharkey.