PDA

View Full Version : OT - Baseball book and DVD. It's "REELY" cool !!

Archive
02-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I received a baseball book for Christmas, ( I get many every year) which is titled "Reel Baseball". With it came a DVD of Newsreel footage from the glory days of baseball. An hour or so of pure bliss. It might be the best highlight DVD I have ever seen. A lot of usual footage. Not the same old stuff we've seen a thousand times. The book is awesome and the DVD is fantastic. It shows Ruth facing Walter Johnson etc. etc. I won't expound on any particular part of the DVD, but suffice it to say, if you like baseball, and pre war baseball, you better pick this book up right away. The book is great also. One last comment. I am as big a fan of pre war, as anyone in here. But, to see Ted Williams, mantle, Aaron, and Mays swing the bat, is truly a thing of beauty. And that 1955 All star game!! The talent in that game? Holy Cow!!!! <br /><br />

Archive
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Posted By: <b>John H.</b><p>I've seen the book but held off from buying it because I feared that the clips were material that I already owned. Can you give me a brief rundown of some more of the clips included? How old is the most recent one?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />John