PDA

View Full Version : T206 Question??

Archive
02-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Manos</b><p>I submitted some HoFers and commons T206's to PSA and got some of the commons back ungraded and it says OVERSIZE. What the heck is that. I have never heard of this?? Any help as to how or why there are T206's that are oversized?? Thank you in advance. Go Bears.

Archive
02-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Posted By: <b>rob</b><p>I assume it means they are larger than standard, probably just an error in the cutting process. I guess PSA wont grade them, SGC will grade a T206 that is larger than normal, just not smaller.

Archive
02-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>T206s were produced on large sheets, and during the cutting process it was possible for the cards to be cut incorrectly both large and small. The smaller cards can be cut small, and still not be trimmed.<br /><br />I am very surprised that PSA did not grade your larger cards. I am not sure if this is a new thing for them, because I have a few oversize T206s graded by them.

Archive
02-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I had some caramel cards that PSA would not grade a few years ago, for the very same reason. Now I suppose I could resubmit, and get an AUTH. maybe I should <br /><br />

Archive
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Jim,<br /> I have had the same thing happen. I was told that my oversized cards wouldn't fit into there holders, so they were returned as "miscut". <br /> All oversized T206's should be sent to SGC where there insert can be custom fit to secure your card properly, otherwise you would have to ask PSA to put the card in one of those oversized holders, where the card floats around. Be well Brian

Archive
02-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Damian Anderson</b><p>Jim,<br /><br />Did they give you vouchers in return? I'd say keep sending them in till their slabbed. If they are oversized it is unlikely they are altered and you may have just got grader in a bad mood. I don't know why they say it won't fit in their holders as they can always break out the infamous "Trojan" slab.<br /><br />Damian<br />

Archive
02-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Manos</b><p>I guess I will send to SGC. There are no price difference's in the OVERSIZE one's, or is there?? Thanks in advance.

Archive
02-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p>Hi Jim,<br /> SGC doesn't charge anymore money for oversized T206's. Be well Brian