PDA

View Full Version : 1930's baseball reading

Archive
02-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>just finished reading "breaking the slump" baseball in the depression era by chas. alexander it's an older book (2002)and covers the years 1930-1941. since i really like the cards of the 30's i found this book loaded w/info from salaries of players,attendance,injuries,holdouts,negro leagues and tons of baseball as well as general life in that era. so i thought if others out there like this era i would highly recomend this book.

Archive
02-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Well I've not heard of that book. But I've others by Alexander, he's a great author. So thanks for posting, Dennis. I'll try to get a copy.<br /><br />I still kinda consider a 2002 book a "new" one. Still trying to read even older books I've yet to read.<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />Frank.

Archive
02-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>frank,i picked up a copy on ebay(in ebay store) real cheap,seller has more like new copies listed now

Archive
02-01-2007, 06:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>baseball when the grass was real which was a "follow-up" of sorts to Glory of their times.<br /><br />There are other great books about the 30's as well.<br /><br />Rich

Archive
02-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I just picked this book up from Amazon. <br />I love stuff like this. Thanks for pointing this out.<br />The cost was just over $6, including shipping!<br /><br />Mike