PDA

View Full Version : What is the longest amount of time you have waited for a SGC cross-over?

Archive
01-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt Bojorquez</b><p>I received a phone call from SGC on Wed.(DEC. 27) saying they had received my card, a 1950 Bowman Ted Williams- PSA 9. They told me the grading fee would be $100, whether my card crossed or not; due to the value. I approved the charge to my credit card, today marks 4 weeks since its arrival and my card remains ungraded. One week ago I sent an email to their customer service manager, Michael Goldberg. I asked for a status of my submission, this email has gone unanswered. The following day I called their customer service and spoke with Bob. He said my card was definitely due and he would track it down and make sure it was graded. I still wait.<br /><br />Matt Bojorquez<br />

Archive
01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>My only gripe with SGC is the amount of time taken to get stuff done...otherwise, their customer service and products are the best, imho. I hope you get your answer resolved asap... and let us know.....good luck

Archive
01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>I would continue to follow up with sgc by phone and would not hesitate to ask to speak with someone higher up in the organization.<br /><br />I will also add that I have never had a complaint about the amount of time it has taken sgc to get my cards graded - with one exception, they have been on time every time (including two submissions in the past month). The one exception was due to their office closing down for a few days for on-site grading at a show.

Archive
01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Bruce</b><p>I have had trouble in the past with emailing their customer service. Dont remember if I ever got any responses. However, as others have stated, a phone call will usually work with them.

Archive
01-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Bottom of the Ninth</b><p>Did SGC change their policy? The last I saw they did not offer cross over service on any cards valued more than $500.

Archive
01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...go around their policy in this regard in certain circumstances. Here, they approved it, but for a higher fee. I am surprised it has taken as long as it has. I've never had any problems with their timing -- usually the cards arrive on or even before schedule. But I suspect given the high value of the card in question that it had to jump through a few more procedural hurdles.<br /><br />I am also surprised that Michael hasn't responded to your e-mail. He has been diligent in replying to my questions.<br />

Archive
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Michael is very good in customer service. My guess is that he is swamped. Whatever happened to Scott Hersch, he was a really nice guy too?

Archive
01-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Posted By: <b>PC</b><p>Matt: SGC crossovers should not take that long ... I've sent in two crossover submissions, and both were back to me within a couple of weeks.<br /><br />In my experience, SGC has always been very responsive and accomodating. If you haven't tried him yet, I would send Scott Hersh an email at: shersh@sgccard.com <br />

Archive
01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>wow crossing a psa 9, Ive always felt that dollar wise psa 9 do better then sgc equivalent. What is the reason for wanting to reslab such a high graded, valuable card? And did you only approve reslab if it grades equal or better?

Archive
01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>Duh. Wrong thread.<br /><br />Edited.<br /><br />-Al

Archive
01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...and has been replaced by Michael. I was told by Michael this past weekend that Scott was only there part time.<br /><br /> <br /> <br />

Archive
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt Bojorquez</b><p>I collect Ted Williams cards and I would like them all in SGC holders. If it costs me some money in resale down the road, then so be it. I did put a 96 down as the minimum cross-over grade. As far as crossing over a high dollar card as being the reason for this delay, I do not buy that. A few months ago I had a dealer cross a card for me that was worth twice the Williams, it went from a PSA 8 to a SGC 88 within a week.<br /><br />Matt Bojorquez<br />

Archive
01-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Scott Hersch was an asset!! Michael needs some friendly courses.

Archive
01-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>Scott was good and I have not had a problem with Michael either. Michael has been very friendly and nice to me both on the phone and at the shows.<br /><br />I have always gotten my SGC cards back either before or on the due date. Best service around IMO.<br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.