PDA

View Full Version : SGC Fees

Archive
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Adam B.</b><p>Forgive me if this has been posted but I have always had a hard time using the Network54 search function for anything other than a one-word keyword. <br /><br />Did SGC raise their grading fees again or did I catch a special last year? I just had a submission in October (pre-1947) at $8/card. Also looks like they may have jacked with their submission tiers as I can no longer include anything 19th century on the same invoice. I find these grading tiers (both PSA and SGC does it to some extent) annoying because as a small-timer my submissions usually have a variety of items I would like to include - if I have to include separate invoicing (and extra return S&H) for multiple types of cards I am unlikely to be submitting them at all.<br><br>Adam B

Archive
01-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Yes, they have a new fee scale. Changed a month or two ago.

Archive
01-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>Adam,<br /><br />Even if you have to use separate tiers for different levels of cards, there is no reason to package separately or pay extra shipping. <br /><br />I recently sent sgc a package with two crossovers and one card for grading. I filled out a separate invoice sheet for the two submissions (ie one submission was the crossovers, the other was the card being graded raw). Made sure that the proper invoice was rubberbanded around the proper card or cards (after putting the raw card between a sufficient amount of cardboard to protect it during shipping) and sent in one box with instructions that should one submission be completed early, it be held until both can be shipped together. I also usually only fill out payment information for shipping on one of the invoices if Im submitting from multiple tiers and make sure to reference it on the other invoice(s). Never been a problem for me.<br /><br />

Archive
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Thanks for the info. I will give that a try next time. My understanding is that they wouldn't do that, but it could be PSA that gives folks a hard time on combining return shipping on the invoice.<br><br>Adam B

Archive
01-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>Adam - Im guessing its psa. Ive done it nearly every time Ive submitted multiple tiers to sgc (and the cards in each tier were sent/submitted at the same time as opposed to separate shipments that just happened to be in close proximity). You can always call them in advance and let them know what you plan to do - if they dont want you to do so, Im sure they will say so.