PDA

View Full Version : 1909 Cobb newspaper - any value?

Archive
01-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Is there much value to old baseball newspapers? I have a June 28, 1909, The Macon Daily Telegraph, Late Sporting News section. It is the full sports section 17 x 27 inches, wonderful condition. The front shows a 9 1/2 inch picture of Ty Cobb in batting pose, also written text article stating Cobb is the most prominent player in the game....

Archive
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Put it on ebay.... Libertyforall or some other goof ball will buy it and cut out the images out so that they can encase them in plastic and sell them to unsuspecting goobs...<br /><br />edited to add: I'd just keep it as is, as for value, who knows what someone will pay for stuff like that.

Archive
01-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Outside of the historical significance, I have found that the 20th century papers carry little monetary value. I have a few papers in my collection. They are an inexpensive way to collect period items of many of the deadball players.

Archive
01-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Darren</b><p>I collect them and love'em. They do have some monetary value if in good shape and portray a nice image of some historical note.