PDA

View Full Version : Reminder about Ebay accounts

Archive
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>When you get your daily watch list in your email account, just delete it.<br />You never know these days if it's ebay or if it's a scammer.<br /><br />If you do click on it and it asks for your password and log in, you're basically giving it to whoever's running the scam.<br /><br />I'm convinced that's how people have hacked into my account twice.<br /><br />Any message in your email account will be at your ebay account as well, so do yourself a favor and log in through the ebay home page.<br /><br />Rob<br /><br />

Archive
01-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Rob- Also I get a lot of fake ebay notices about 2nd chance offers or wondering where their items are which have been paid for on items I have no clue about like spinning reels or sattelite dishes. I don't click on the links but just move my cursor over the links and instead of seeing the usual ebay webpages, I see some funky email address or strange website and then delete it. I always go ahead and forward them to spoof@ebay.com anyway. It's a pain but I hope that these vermin might someday be caught.<br />tbob

Archive
01-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>asking a question about something I'm selling...when I'm not selling it!<br /><br />Also, has anyone else had this happen to them?:<br />You bid on and win an item. Then the seller sends you an email (not within the EBay system), saying that they are sorry but they have to refund your money because the item you won was double-listed by mistake, and they can't fulfil your order. I got this just yesterday...<br /><br />Sounds to me as though they list it twice on purpose, and then fill whichever order is higher and apologize to the other guy?<br /><br />