PDA

View Full Version : Who was on your HOF ballot?

Archive
01-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>If I had a vote, it would have been Ripken, Gwynn, Rice, Dawson, Morris, Blyleven and Gossage.<br />Bill James' recent work showing why Bert Blyleven belongs in the Hall is compelling.

Archive
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Aaron Cowan</b><p>I agree with all but Morris. I don't know any stats off hand so I guess I'll look into that instead of quickly dismissing him. As for Bill James, if the book "Politics of Glory" (or "Whatever Happened to Hall of Fame") has not been read by people decrying the crazy institution responsible for immortilizing these people, please do so...it is very interesting.<br><br>Aaron Cowan<br />acowan19@gmail.com

Archive
01-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>If you include Don Sutton but not Blyleven or Morris, something is wrong. If you include Billy Williams but not Jim Rice or Andre Dawson, something is wrong.

Archive
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Kenneth A. Cohen</b><p>If you include Tony Perez and not Gil Hodges, something is wrong.

Archive
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Guys,<br /><br />Next year Gossage and Blyleven should go in. This year Veteran's Committee should nominate Ron Santo. Gil Hodges should be elected 2 years from now.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
01-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Kenneth A. Cohen</b><p>I couldn't agree more regarding Santo. I just couldn't think of a 3rd baseman to come up with - if you include XXXXXXXXX and not Ron Santo, something is wrong.<br />

Archive
01-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>Santo needs to be in yesterday. Met him at Cubs camp and what a quality person. Actually played ball with his son also during the making of "This Old Cub".

Archive
01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Harry Wallace (HW)</b><p>My votes would have gone to Gwynn, Ripken, Santo, Rice and Garvey.

Archive
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Excuse me. But as far as McGwire et al and steroids goes, haven't they been on the Commissioners Banned list since 1993?? The big thing, as far as I thought, was that they weren't on the Players Association 's banned list, or something to that effect.<br /><br />So, in my opinion, any player using steroids after 1993 (not the early 2000's as some want to think) were cheating.<br /><br /><br />David