PDA

View Full Version : Memory Lane's Stance on Hobby Issues

Archive
11-28-2006, 03:03 AM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>JP,<br /><br />We would appreciate it if you could address the issues discussed in a similar matter as done by Clean Sweep, Mastro and others.<br /><br />Thanks for your time.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
11-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>I havwe e-mailed Memory Lane twice and called JP once. I know JP and consider him an honest dealer--just must not wqant to get involved.<br /><br />Fair to say he will notr respond at this point.

Archive
11-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Colt McClelland</b><p>Jim - Are you starting to see a pattern here? No one wants to subject themselves to your witch hunt, and I certainly don't blame them.

Archive
11-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Posted By: <b>shane</b><p>Oh great Jim. Brian does not respond and he gets beat down like a step sister and JP and others don't respond and that is going to be okay. <br />Colt- I am glad JP and others aren't responding to this BS. I feel very badly for Drent.<br />SL

Archive
11-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Evanov</b><p>Considering the large sums I have spent in their auctions over the past 2 years, I feel I have a right to know what Memory Lane's policy is on card alteration/restoration. No need to respond here, but why not list it in your catalog or send an e-mail to those on your bidder list. God knows they send a million e-mails every time their auctions start, have a week left, five days left, three days left etc...<br><br>Frank

Archive
11-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>And while I am listing all the good things that have and may come out of this I will add that there may well be the type of disclosure that Frank suggests.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
01-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>Um...<br /><br />I think NOW maybe Jim deserves an answer to his question?

Archive
01-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>And as before, I bet no response is forthcoming.

Archive
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Lichtman</b><p>Not sure you can put Brian Drent into the category of JP Cohen. Considering the issues outstanding in Brian's auction which are part of another thread, there is no way he could come on here and discuss either that or anything else related to his business -- it would be legal suicide. It is completely unfair to lump him in wtih the issues surrounding Memory Lane and JP Cohen. Assuming that is the same JP Cohen noted in the article Greg posted, what can he even be expected to say out here? That his past is his past and he's no longer involved in fraud? Of course that is all he can say. It's up to everyone in the card community to determine on their own whether or not they trust him and his company. As for Leon's very rough analogy regarding his own past, honestly, at least for me, I don't believe that such a conviction at all relates to someone's honesty today. Indeed, the Federal Rules of Evidence agree with me: should Leon testify at a trial, his 20 year old conviction for a crime for something not related to fraud or dishonesty would not be considered an appropriate area of cross examination today on the issue of Leon's inclination to tell the truth.

Archive
01-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't lie because I can't keep up with the truth...let alone remembering what lies I have told. I just don't do it....live and learn my friends.

Archive
01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Crandell</b><p>Jeff,<br /><br />I agree with you on all counts.<br /><br />Best course of action for him would be to say that I did this in the past, I was wrong, and I did my time.<br /><br />Then he needs to convince people he is an honest dealer and answer the questions on card restoration that were asked of him.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
01-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>What's the point of all this (not limited to this particular thread), other than to (1) potentially defame people [as I have been with those imbeciles on the Beckett boards with this nonsense]; and/or (2) to make all of us doubt the legitimacy of any of the cards in any one of our collections??? <br /><br />What am I missing???

Archive
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Crandell</b><p>Cobby,<br /><br />To put a stop to card restoration or at least the most extreme forms of it.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
01-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Jim- as much as I support your effort to weed out these card doctors, I don't see them stepping forth to put their heads under a guillotine such as Network54. If I were altering cards, I would stay as far away from us as possible.

Archive
01-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Barry,<br /><br />You and I and a few others will figure it all out at our dinner in a couple of weeks--will be back to you no later than Monday on time and place.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
01-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Jim- if we can get this all worked out over one dinner the hobby will owe us a debt of gratitude!

Archive
01-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Barry,<br /><br />I agree on the debt of gratitude--I won't hold my breath though waiting for some Net54 member to thank me.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Thank you!

Archive
01-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>See, your thank you came one minute after you posted! With all that has been going on on the board in the last few days, we may have to have a very long dinner. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Archive
01-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Barry,<br /><br />Our dinner is not to be missed. We will I think have a very interesting person joining us--e-mail me for details. After hearing from him I feel and knowing the quality of the other people I feel positive about the whole effort.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
01-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I'll thank you too Jim.

Archive
01-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Thanks guys--we will try our hardest--remember everyone is welcome to participate.

Archive
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>maybe all the people that do respond are honest dealers with nothing to hide and those that dont, do so to remain vague so that they can subjectively change it whenever they want. Or maybe they dont think this forum is the proper outlet. If thats so it would be nice to see them pay some attention to this subject on their webpage or a place of their choice.

Archive
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Evanov</b><p>From "The Settlement"<br /><br />The stipulated order for permanent injunction announced today resolves the litigation against Cohen. The order bans him from further fundraising activities, and from engaging in future telemarketing, and it prohibits Cohen from making misrepresentations in connection with the sale of goods or services. <br /><br />Hmmm, if it is the same guy, seems like selling altered cards would violate his plea bargain.<br /><br><br>Frank