PDA

View Full Version : T207 rarity

Archive
01-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>When pricing T207 i noticed discrepency in card values, they were all over the place! A VG common in this set sells for 30 to 35 dollars. HOF prices differ dependent on the player ofcourse, but it seems many players with names not recognized sell for a premium, and many higher then the HOF players in this set. There seem to be a plethora of cards which would seem to be a common with much higher pricing then the commons. I would like to compile a list of those players. I am unfamilier with this set so i need help in compiling the list. I have done my best using incomplete pricing data. It's possible that some of the names listed were not rarities and instead sold for a premium due to a rare back. I want to eliminate any names I have listed that are not rarities. Any names that I am missing, which i'm sure i am missing some, i would appreciate help in adding. Also I wouldnt mind categorizing the players into a list for moderately rare and one for very rare. So if you could fill in cards i'm missing, or any that need to be deleted off the list i would be greatful! I am not using a prceguide either, tracking actual sale prices at auctions. <br /> <br /> <br />Almeida, Bauman, Blanding, Carey, Cunningham, Downey, Ellis, George, Gregg, Hamilton, Hartley, Herzog, Houser, Kirke, Kling, Livingston- A on shirt, Lowdermilk, Marsans, Doc Miller, Otto Miller, Ward Miller, Moriarity, Nelson, Peters, Phelan, Rath, Rasmussen, Ryan, Saier, Spratt, Tyler, Wood, Works...additionals added<br />Adams, Benz, Birmingham, Blackburne, Bushelman, Butcher, Donlin, Donnelly, <br />Fournier, Hoff, Hyatt, Kelly, Kuhn, Kutina, Lange, Lewis (I)., McCarthy, Mogridge, Moore, Pelty, Ragan, Sweeney, Weaver, White, Wilson (O.), Woodburn <br />

Archive
01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>Dylan, what year is your SCD book? There were mistakes in this set a couple of years ago.<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>First thngs first - the guide is usually wrong on pricing for T207's or for any other issue for that matter.<br /><br />Second, get a hold of VCBC issues 37 & 38 - Tim Newcomb has a lengthy write- up on the sevens; which by the way is a very tough set to complete and undervalued - in my opinion. I was minus 6 cards to complete the set.<br /><br />Also, Lipset's Encyclopedia has valuable insight on the set.<br /><br />Hope this helps,<br /><br />Mark

Archive
01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Dylan- Just glancing off the top of my head I can see that you left off probably the three toughest cards in the set- Lewis no emblem, Lewis and Pelty.<br />tbob

Archive
01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>Thre are I believe 50 T207's which only appear with either Cycle, Broadleaf or Anonymous backs.<br />Other than HOF'ers, these are the cards that command a premium as they are considered tougher to find. So looks like you are missing the following;<br /><br />Adams, Benz, Birmingham, Blackburne, Bushelman, Butcher, Donlin, Donnelly, <br />Fournier, Hoff, Hyatt, Kelly, Kuhn, Kutina, Lange, Lewis (I)., McCarthy, Mogridge, Moore, Pelty, Ragan, Sweeney, Weaver, White, Wilson (O.), Woodburn .<br /><br />Good luck,<br />Alan<br />

Archive
01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I recall back in the early to mid 90s, a written quote supposedly attributed to Larry Fritsch, where he said that the 207's were for him personally, the toughest set to put together, were the 207's,due to their predisposition towards cracking on their surfaces. We all know that once these babies split, or crack, it's like opening up a two lane highway. I'm sure also to the odd player selection, and the three big tuffies in the set.<br /><br />Edited to add: most difficult for him, to put together a decent set.<br /><br />

Archive
01-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>As Mark has already mentioned, I also highly recommend Tim Newcomb's two-part article on T207 (and Tbob's too).<br /><br />Mr. Newcomb thankfully gives us a list of how many times EVERY card in the set came up throughout his research. <br /><br />The results are interesting to say the least. <br /><br />Rob

Archive
01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I don't collect em' but I do own a beautiful Weaver anonymous back. Graded a 5 by PSA. I have only seen one anonymous back Weaver graded higher. Anybody else have one, or one graded higher?<br /><br />

Archive
01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>I dont have a price guide. I priced the cards i could through tracking internet auctions. I dont believe in using price guides as they are often inaccurate.