PDA

View Full Version : The Famous Dorskind Collection

Archive
12-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>When you get a chance Brucey, or moment between your yachts,<br />could you spare us the moment in viewing an incredible collection such as yours. <br /><br />With an unlimited income, such as yourself has, you could start by showing us your complete uncut Gem MINT Boston Garter sets, say '12.<br />Then we could move on to your complete uncut, again Gem MINT T4 Obak sheets;<br />followed by Plow Boy's sheets - also Gem MINT. Or maybe the several PSA10 T206 Wagner's you have.<br /><br />Come on, Brucey, let's see you put your money where your mouth is - no pun intended.<br /><br /><br />Mark

Archive
12-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Posted By: <b>bruce Dorskind</b><p><br />Mark<br /><br />Once again you have your facts wrong<br /><br />Our Boston Garter sheet has not been graded- though we are<br />told it would grade at least 84<br /><br /><br />Neither the T 4 Obak premiums nor Plow Boy Tobacco or for that<br />matter any cabinet card came in sheets. Of course, if you<br />had the ability to read, and any real knowledge of the history of<br />hobby you would know that.<br /><br />As for our Wagners they are in our Swiss Vault<br /><br />We will be happy to make a contribution to your family<br />when they institutionalize you for shock treatment..<br />pesonally, we think it is a waste of electricity.<br /><br />

Archive
12-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I think that these daily attacks between Bruce and the board need to stop. Bruce, I think you could do a better job to address all in a more friendly an informal manner without throwing class and education in everybody's face. I really believe you get some personal satisfaction by deliberately alienating everyone, and then the rest of us have to be subjected to these fights on regular basis, and they are unnecessary. Even a simple gesture like replacing the "we" with "I" would go a long way towards quieting things down. No matter how many times people have asked you to drop the plural pronoun you persist in using it. How about as a favor to me drop it and just try "I" next time? It would be a very small gesture on your part and it would go a long way. Likewise, I think everyone else should tone down the personal attacks. It goes both ways. Thank you.

Archive
12-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>oui oui.......<br />touche<br /><br />Have you thought of replacing John Bolton as United Nations liason? You have my vote........<br /><br />

Archive
12-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p>I agree with Barry 100 percent. I usually refrain from such nonsense although I do read these acrimonious posts out of some morbid curiosity. Bruce, it seems to me that with your knowledge, you could be a great addition to this forum if you could tone down the high and mighty attitude you come across with. Personally, I would love to see some scans of your collection.

Archive
12-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>Bruce is part of a card collection Alliance, "we" being one of its subsidiary cells. The card collection Alliance aim is to eventually reach world domination through its control over the secondary market of baseball cards.<br />So now i hope you all understand why he uses "we" and what his primary goal is =)

Archive
12-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>I've never had anything to say about Bruce before today...but for anybody who hasn't seen it, check out his last response on the "what makes a great collector" thread....unbelievable imo

Archive
12-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>I started collecting cards and memorabilia when I was 5, and moved into pre war 18 years ago or so. And this is what it is degenerated into ? People fighting and arguing over baseball cards. From the time I was 5 to about age 11 or so, all the boys in my middle class neighborhood had boxes of cards. I do not recall one incident, of name calling, backstabbing, or arguments concerning who's family was the wealthiest. It seems that we were more mature at 5, than some of us are today.<br /><br />

Archive
12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Mike,<br /><br />So your telling me you think that we are less mature than the kids you use to collect cards with. So you've stated the obvious and your point is...Laugh out loud.<br /><br />Peter

Archive
12-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>In the spirit of the season I am going to lock this thread. It's not meant as a slap against anyone. I think there have been enough personal attacks, which are against forum rules but I let a little go, in the last few days to hold us over for a while. Recently I have received lots of emails and calls, in addition to the posts on the board, about negativity but am slow to step in. (ya'll have heard this song before). If anyone wants to know the way I feel they can go up a few posts and read Barry's (am I supposed to use an apostrophe there?) well written opinion on this subject. best regards