PDA

View Full Version : What the Plan is from Here

Archive
12-02-2006, 04:50 AM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Thank you everyone for the feedback and in some cases offers to participate on a committee that looks at these issues.<br /><br />What my plan is is to contact those Net54 members over the weekend who have indicated an interest in joining a committee to look at the issues raised here and also proactively contact others who I think have a lot to offer. I would like to emphasize that I have no hidden agenda. Anyone no matter what their views is invited to participate in this. Actually the preferable way is please contact me(jdc122@aol.com) with your interest.<br /><br />I would think that the committee might meet over dinner in the greater New York metropolitan area and also have a conference call to start out. I would also think that as the committee identifies issues that it will want to poll the Network 54 members on their views.<br /><br />This won't work unless we get the active participation of a number of board participants.<br />So please if you believe in the cause we are pursueing give of your time.<br /><br />Thanks to all my friends in the hobby for all their support.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
12-02-2006, 05:14 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't mind this being 1 thread at a time and will help when I can. I don't have too much time otherwise but will help keep the board open and "organized" to help. I will not let the board be overrun with it though....I hope it works out. It could be a good thing if done correctly. As a few have said before, this board is sort of a BBB of cards already, in a minor way......regards

Archive
12-02-2006, 05:17 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Jim- I would be willing to participate in a conference and offer some thoughts from a dealer's perspective.

Archive
12-02-2006, 05:22 AM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Barry,<br /><br />I am delighted to hear that!!-I will be in touch.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
12-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Posted By: <b>whitehse</b><p>Jim<br /><br />I have mentioned in previous posts that I know this has been attempted before and I really dont think it will work, BUT...........if you want the opinion of a small time collector with a limited budget, one who has been in this hobby for 30 years I will be willing to give it a shot and participate. I am in the Chicago area and travel to NY is not possible but emails and IM's are.<br /><br />Let me know . <br /><br />Andrew

Archive
12-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Andrew,<br /><br />Being a small time collector and being from Chicago are not disqualifiers.<br /><br />I will put you on the list.<br /><br />Jim

Archive
12-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Due to the schedules of the six who are meeting in NYC, our initial dinner will not take place until January 2007.<br /><br />We will then have a conference call(s) involving everyone who wants to participate.<br /><br />Pls let me know if you do.<br /><br />Will keep everyone posted.<br /><br />Jim<br /><br />If you are interested in participat<br /><br />

Archive
12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Hi Jim- you emailed me earlier that we were doing Dec 11. I just walked in and haven't checked email, but I will assume that date is out. Barry

Archive
12-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Posted By: <b>JimCrandell</b><p>Barry,<br /><br />Yes--that is correct--the six of us will try to find a date that works after the holidays for dinner and that will be followed up with a conference call involving out of town people.<br /><br />Jim