PDA

View Full Version : T-206: questions about lines & typeface

Archive
11-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>I have been delighted to have received my first T206 cards (I'm collecting T205 and T206 Cubbies, if any of you have dupes in VG-VGEX), and I have been very excited to inspect them...I can see how people can get hooked on really old cardboard. For the first time I am not condition obsessed. Much of this is budget, but also, for some reason, I just like the card for what it is...<br /><br />Anyway! Finally, my point.<br />I have only a sample size of 4 semi-beaters now, but I noticed two things, rather consistently appearing:<br />1) The border printing is made up of 4 distinct lines whose ends never quite meet up in a smooth corner, and <br />2) The name/team printing at the bottom is considerably less robust, or more worn, and therefore fainter in appearance, than the rest of the card.<br /><br />Are these common characteristics of T206s, and is there a common knowledge/opinion on how/why these are the case?<br /><br />Thanks for indulging me with your time, particularly if these are oft-discussed topics that I have failed to find in my post searches,<br /><br />Jason L<br /><br />edited title & to add : The Kroh card is the most affected/displays these characteristics most prominently...

Archive
11-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>since folks are yearning for card talk...my questions may be naive, but what the hell...please feel free to chip in on this topic if you think it warrants discussion...<br /><br />Jason L

Archive
11-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Are your talking about the black line around the photo? If so you will notice this line is black and not the same color as the caption (sort of a grayish/brownish color). This is one of the easiest ways to authenticate a T206. Most if not all of the reprint have a caption that is black and usually a different font and the letters are spaced slightly different.