PDA

View Full Version : PayPal fraud email just received

Archive
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>saying that my PayPal account would be suspended if I didn't click here and verify my account info.<br /><br />The dummy site they set up looks just like PayPal.<br /><br />These guys are pretty good thieves.<br /><br />Anyway - I just thought I would post the warning j<br /><br />I'm sure you all know not to fall for these email scams trying to hack into your PayPal account, but just in case anyone has their guard down, I figured I would send out this warning.

Archive
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Posted By: <b>David B</b><p>I get at least one of those a week. I got one today, but it was pretty amatuerish compared to most. I pretty much delete every email I get from "Paypal" now. You really can't trust any of them. It's best just to log in to Paypal once in while to check your account and see if there are any problems.

Archive
11-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>According to the email that I received last week I had just purchased a $349 model airplane. A link was present in the email for disputes. Of course, once an individual clicks on the link it asks for personal information. When in doubt log onto PayPal and check your recent account activity.

Archive
11-29-2006, 07:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>I love when I get those Pay Pal messages to my work account (or ebay phishing) -- simple reason -- my EBay account links to my home email address.<br /><br />Makes it real easy to ignore<br /><br />Rich