PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed about Ted

Archive
11-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris Mc</b><p> I have never seen this before. There is still over a day left on the item. It's a good case why one should not bid early on an item. <a href="http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=290047644994" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=290047644994</a> Whats the record for a bidder placing bids anyway? Check out what he's bought.

Archive
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>It looks to me like Davecaplan kept placing individual bids to a certain point and then placed a much higher bid. The second person then placed individual bids, which kept raising caplans bid. That is what makes it look like each person is just raising the bid $1 or $5 dollars at a time.<br /><br /><br />David

Archive
11-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p> I thought that might be a possibility but now I am the second bidder and Mr. Caplan is at it again. Interesting way to bid.

Archive
11-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>The bottom line is that the the guy is nibbling on the bids. I figure if you really want the card you should probably wait until the end and then throw out your best bid which should pretty much take out caplan.

Archive
11-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>jackgoodman</b><p>Wonder if he has some sort of automated bidding program or is he sitting at his computer all day?

Archive
11-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Garcia</b><p>I think if you look very closely (a 3x will do ) at the player pictured in the 1947 Sports Exchange series of &quot; miniatures&quot; with the &quot;Ted Williams&quot; caption , you will see that it's an error card----it's actually a photo of Bobby Doerr swinging----I believe this particular card hasn't been officially recognized as an &quot;error card&quot; ; maybe I'm wrong there ; does anyone know if there are other 1946 -1949 Sports Exchange cards that actually portray Ted?---Thanks.

Archive
11-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Good eyes Mike! Didnt notice that right off til I saw its a righty swinging.

Archive
11-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...and I'll say it again -- if you place a bid on an ebay auction more than 20 seconds prior to the close of that auction you must really enjoy spending more money on things than you have to.<br /><br />Why would you do this? What internal logic inside of people would make them bid on a timed auction at any time prior to 20 seconds before the close of that auction? Do you think it scares other bidders away? What purpose is served -- other than helping the seller?<br /><br />

Archive
11-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>Not using a snipe service, I will put in a bid on cards I would like to have and if I win it for that, great. If it's something I really want I will do the last second bid.