PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fritsch's catalog

Archive
11-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>It amazes me to see Larry's catalogs get thicker and thicker with each issue while other dealers' invetories seem to be shrinking. What is the source of his inventory? How much does he still have stockpiled? I would love to meet the man. I am sure that he could contribute and incredible amount of knowledge to the hobby (I only recall a few articles written by him). Some of his prices are crazy high but I always go to his catalog first when I need a tough card...and most of the time he has one.

Archive
11-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>He's been stockpiling material for decades, and at this point in his life he seems to be divesting.

Archive
11-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>I never throw out his catalogs, until I get the new one. Because sometimes I suddenly need a specific card (does this happen to you) and frequently he has it!<br /><br />Which is great if price and condition is no object, but sometimes his price/condition ratio is skewed in relation to the rest of the hobby, but not always.<br /><br />A tremendous resource. I should probably keep his catalogs. But I have kept Lipsett's Four Base Hits - and nobody ever mentions them.

Archive
11-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>His entire pre-1920 Zeenuts inventory is almost depleted. The word is that there's a number of new quests for early year Zeenut sets. For those who like to equate cardboard with stocks (not an advised analogy), this issue is hot.