PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays actions

Archive
11-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I feel the need to say a couple of things about all of the negativity on the board yesterday and in the recent past. First of all I hate banning anyone, especially someone I know, for even a short amount of time. Jay will be back in a few days if he wants to come back. I felt the board was being subjected to too much crap and took a couple of strong actions. I reversed my decision of letting it go all night as it deteriorated to a point I didn't feel comfortable with. I always reserve the right to change my mind under extraordinary circumstances. I had a good email conversation with one of our resident member lawyers last night. He made a great analogy, imo, of the thread being like a cancer and it needing to be taken down. I agreed so I acted on it. I know, in my heart, if I feel I am doing the right thing for the board then it's ok to do. I might make mistakes but I will stay focused on the goal. There was some very lopsided support in favor of the way the board is being run so I felt somewhat vindicated from the attacks. Anyone can question anything but it needs to remain civil. It had gotten beyond that. For the next several days I want there to be less negativity on this board and want it to get back to being a relaxing place to talk about what we should all be here for anyway (cards). Consider this fair warning to be on your best behaviour in the near future. IF you are going to be very negative take it elsewhere. You can obviously disagree with people but do it in a civil manner. I have justified the way I run the board more than I should have had too. I hope everyone stays and enjoys it but if you are going to have panic attacks about stuff on the board I suggest you go elsehwere and relax somewhere else. I apologize for letting it get so out of hand too. Sometimes I think I am overly sensitive to the word "censor" as I hate it. After some discussions this morning I am not sure helping to keep the board a good place should be called "censoring" so I will try to be more strict in that area. Thanks again for all of the support and well wishes. I am sure we will be fine as we have a great group of people here. With kind regards....your moderator dude....leon