PDA

View Full Version : Boston Show Nov 3-5

Archive
10-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Posted By: <b>John Kalafarski</b><p> This show is really in Wilmington, MA at the Shriner's Auditorium, a bit North of Boston. Exit 39 off Rt. 93. I got a postcard from 707 Sportscards so I know they will be there. Shoebox Cards is always there. Dick Gordon has a nice display of signed Baseballs, and I am looking forward to having Bobby Doerr sign one for me. SGC and GAI will be there as well as PSA. I think Yaz will also be there signing. Alas, Mr. Mint will be at his usual first table which makes it easy to snub him. Does anyone know any other dealers who are also coming?

Archive
10-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Posted By: <b>John Kalafarski</b><p> Mile High will be there.

Archive
11-05-2006, 05:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Any reports on this show? Is it worth a two hour drive?

Archive
11-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott S</b><p>I spent a few hours at the show yesterday. Like all shows, what most of us are looking for is drying up. Just to list a few highlights...... There is a M101-5 Ruth PSA7 ( 70K ) If that's what your after! I saw a nice collector grade D304 Matty SGC30 (3,500) That was still there last night at closing. John Liffman had some great Red Sox memorabilia. For me, those were the highlights. Worth a 2 hour ride? Perhaps. I guess it all depends what your after. If your looking for a Brunner's Cobb or a E90-1 Joey, Not worth the ride! If your after Mantle rookies, It is. I'll be going back today just to talk with the guys. For me, that's what makes the trip worth it anyway.. Scott

Archive
11-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Thanks Scott,<br />Do you remember seeing any Obaks or Zeenuts?<br />-Brian

Archive
11-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Scott S</b><p>Actually, Steve Verkman has a large group of Obaks. I didn't notice Zeenuts, but then again I wasn't really looking for those. Have fun, and good luck. Scott

Archive
11-05-2006, 07:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Patrick McMenemy</b><p>He Brian:<br /><br />I went to the show yesterday. <br /><br />Only 2 dealers had Obaks. <br /><br />Clean Sweep (Steve Verkman) had 2 small stacks of VG/VG+ 1911 Obaks. I believe the 2nd dealer was Huggins and Scott. They had only 2 Obaks in similar condition: Hunt and Spiesman.<br /><br />I don't recall seeing any Zeenuts.<br /><br />Patrick<br />

Archive
11-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Posted By: <b>john kalafarski</b><p> I spent about 5 hours at the show and had a great time, meeting friends and buying a few things: a '38 wire photo of Joe D and King Carl, an old Leo the Lip book on the Dodgers, a '48 Sport Mag w/Ted and Joe on the cover, but no cards. Shows are drying up for what I'm looking for: auctions and ebay are it. You can gander at Mile High's auction preview and lurk in the bushes with your bag o' money.

Archive
11-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Thanks guys, I'll see what kind of time I have this afternoon or tomorrow and maybe make a run up to the show.

Archive
11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Posted By: <b>Greg</b><p>Second time at the show for me. Thought it was great. I believe there were 250 dealers with a huge variety of maerial. Saw some old friends and made some new ones. Lots of new stuff, as would be anticipated, but saw quite a few dealers with pre-war cards and memorabilia who had a nice selection. <br /><br />Took the leap and purchased couple of gorgeous pre-war Red Sox pennants from a friend there. Would highly recommend the show.<br /><br />Am not a member myself, yet, but is anyone on here a member of the Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club?<br /><br />All the best,<br />Greg