PDA

View Full Version : Beckett grading

Archive
11-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Does anyone have experience with Beckett grading, in particular with T206s and Cracker Jacks? I have a bunch that are "raw graded", i.e., not slabbed but sealed, and want to cross them over to SGC or GAI. One T206 in particular looks better than the grade, so I am wondering if they tend be overly harsh on T206s. It looks like a 4 although it was given a 3.<br /><br />Also, what is the frequency of cards graded by Beckett coming back as trimmed by one of the Big Three?<br />I am not interested in selling, therefore not too concerned about the grade (within reason), but I would like to avoid breaking out a graded card only to have it judged ungradeable.<br /><br />Thanks for the advice.

Archive
11-06-2006, 07:57 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee</b><p>In general, I have found that Beckett is much more harsh on grading than the big three. Most of the time Beckett undergrades in my opinion; I have sent a few cards to Beckett, got horrible grades for what the cards were, cracked them out and sent them to PSA to go up 1-2 grades for most cards (T206's). In my opinion, go with another grader (big 3).<br /><br />Edited to Add: I don't know about the regularity of cards coming back trimmed from Beckett, as I have never had a card returned to me from this company for being deemed trimmed.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>From what ive heard and seen beckett grades tough and are reliable, perhaps on line with SGC on toughness with T206. I dont think you see their cards getting huge numbers because you dont see them at the big auctions atleast as of now. And as far as trimming i dont know if they are tougher on this or not.

Archive
11-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I will likely cross them over to SGC.

Archive
11-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee</b><p>Good, SGC is the grading company I prefer anyways....

Archive
11-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>I have a really nice BVG 3.0 Magee EPDG T-206 that is CLEARLY trimmed.