PDA

View Full Version : PSA new label info on T-206

Archive
10-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Posted By: <b>RayB</b><p>PSA posted this today on their Message Boards:<br /><br />"PSA Grading Update<br />T206 Back Designations Available <br />After receiving a great deal of feedback from collectors and dealers, PSA has decided to make a labeling modification to all T206 baseball cards submitted from this day forward. <br /><br />PSA will now designate the backs for all T206’s submitted for grading. For example, the top line on the PSA label may read:<br /><br />T206 Sweet Caporal or T206 Polar Bear<br /><br />There are several back variations on this issue.<br /><br />From November 1st through the end of the year (2006), PSA will offer a re-holder/re-labeling special for T206’s for only $3 per card. <br /><br />We hope this new labeling feature is enjoyed by collectors and dealers alike. <br /><br />Please keep in mind that the PSA Population Report will be undergoing changes with respect to newly-labeled T206’s versus T206’s graded prior to the new labeling approach. Until previously graded T206’s are received for re-label, they will remain in the PSA Population Report without the specific back designation.<br /><br /><br /><br />Please contact customer service if you have any questions.<br /><br />Carol"<br /><br />Defintely a move in the right direction.<br />They could really ramp things up if they got even more specific about the back designations to include Series and Factory but it appears from their postings that it will be Brand only.<br /><br />For all those who are collecting their T-206 cards in PSA holders; will you reholder? $3; although less than their regular fees, still seems a little steep to get your cards relabeled. I have 215 or so PSA cards and I'm not likely to consider this at $600 additional.<br />Any other thoughts.<br />RayB<br />

Archive
10-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>what a great thing for them to start doing...it is a long time coming, but they always seem to listen to their customers (and critics)...bravo! i'll send in a bunch to have reholdered...drum, uzit, lenox, etc...maybe even those piedmont 42's...LOL

Archive
10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...they're doing this is to keep up with SGC, which is slabbing T206's by the handfuls. To all those that say SGC is never innovative, consider this thread -- and also remember that SGC will tell you what year your T206 card is, i.e., 1910 = Series 350. Perhaps in a few years, for another $3, you can have your reholdered PSA T206 cards re-reholdered to show the year/series.

Archive
10-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Posted By: <b>John J. Grillo</b><p>I have asked PSA for years to do this...no email replies...phone calls not returned, etc. Since I am a small fish in a big pond, I guess it went in 1 ear and out the other. A collector with a lot of pull probably got their attention. It look 3 years for a decision on this? Give me a break! This was a "no-brainer" that should've been implemented quickly.<br /><br />I do not have many T206s...just 27 complete Boston AL & NL players, but even at 3.00 a pop, I'll be darned if I am going to have them relabeled. I would send them to SGC before I would consider having them relabeled at PSA.

Archive
10-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>Im glad someone pointed out that this was done only to keep up with sgc - because I was really getting sick of all those threads in which some psa adherent claimed that sgc was copying psa and was not innovative.

Archive
10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>This is fantastic. Now, not only will I know what is on the front of a T206 by reading the label, but I can also learn the back!!! Now if PSA will let me know when to brush teeth, change oil... PSA can regulate my entire life! Thank goodness for PSA.<br /><br />And how did I ever know what a card was before slabbing... this takes all of the guesswork out of collecting. A true blessing.

Archive
10-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Posted By: <b>S Gross</b><p>.... and here I've been turning to card over, like a big sap.

Archive
10-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Posted By: <b>steve f</b><p>Imitation is the sincerist form of larceny.

Archive
10-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>RayB posted the original post on CU and his subsequent response. There was some discussion sandwiched between that a cracked a smile about. <br /><br />Posted by Jay from Quality Cards regarding news release: <br /><br />Carol, thats great news.<br />How extensive will the back listings be?<br />Piedmont, Sweet Cap and the rest have variations based on subjects & factory designations...jay <br /><br />Response From PSA: <br /><br />If you are referring to the variety such as pitching, catching and portrait, etc. will still be on the flip.<br /><br />The part of the question that stumped us was the reference to factory. If my answer above is not complete for your question, please give me examples that I can ask about.<br /><br />Carol<br /><br /> <br />Obviously Carol's role is not as a card identifier, but the "us" part made me chuckle a bit. Carol is a very good asset to PSA, as she does response frequently on the boards, which is a nice touch. Even nice people need to be laughed at from time to time. <br />

Archive
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Of course, I can see it now; there will be a whole new tier system by people who are into PSA T206 cards, just like there is a difference in view of some towards the "old" PSA flips (with the funky zero) and the "new" flips because some people feel that the old PSA was less strict than new PSA. Will we see a price differential between flips with back data and "flops" without? Or will the perception that untrained monkeys are doing much of PSA's work flip which flip is a flop and lead to a premium on older flips (I feel like a bad Dr. Seuss)? Will the set registry now allow for differentiation and weight by backs (yep, you heard it here first)? Enquiring minds want to know. <br />