PDA

View Full Version : When you look for an specific individual card, it often seems rare;

Archive
10-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>but after the "long haul" you relax and see it pop up frequently, frequently. But sometimes not.<br /><br />When not, you make be on to a specific card rarity, or perhaps just a cyclical ebb and flow of something of not great interest to start with.<br /><br />Well, I don't want to tell you yet another of these secrets, but I bought a blue Ruth portrait w517 in 2002, and have been looking for another similarly colored since then. That same year, I purchased a Gehrig wheaties fancy frame with the 100% full frame, and have only seen one other since that time. Yes, these cards are a little off peak on the desireability curve, but that is my home ground.<br /><br />Another example of this phenomonon excerpted from a seperate thread is described below:<br />Good luck finding these anymore in any quantity.....Tin Tops seem to be even more difficult. Kit Young has a few Red Border's in his most recent catalog (some in the $500 range) but no Tin Tops. Mark Macrae didn't have any of either lately. Surprised to see the lot with (3) in it in Mastronet. Picked up a low grade one from Jim Manos recently. <br /><br />What cards or sets do you know of that appear to be drying up? (I won't buy them, but I may have one).