PDA

View Full Version : uncommon T206 backs, but not rare

Archive
10-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>I found on another site info regarding values of backs. It showed Tolstoi backs with HOF'ers that you could figure about 1.3x, is this correct in anyone's personal opinion? Would you pay up to 30% more for a HOF'er with a Tolstoi back??

Archive
10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>i have a lajoie w/bat, tolstoi back, it is a beater, the only reason i got it was because i needed it as one of my 15 different brand backs...otherwise i would not pay a premium for a HOF w/ a rare back.

Archive
10-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Hal Lewis</b><p>I think he answered the question.<br /><br />I don't think anyone "wants" to pay more for them...<br /><br />but I think the demand is slightly higher for them because some people need them for their "backs" collection.<br /><br />Thus, with slightly higher demand comes slightly higher prices.

Archive
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>The last data I have of Bill's has Tolstois at less than 2%. Comparing EPDG there is 135 vs 179 Tolstois out of 9649.<br /><br />Lee

Archive
10-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>MVSNYC</b><p>what data is this? can i see this info, please? sounds cool.

Archive
10-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>Lee is referring to the data I am gaithering on a "Super Set". You can email me and I will send you the updated spreadsheet. I am asking T206 collectors to send me their front/back combinations and I then input them into my spreadsheet. Looking forward to hear from you. Bill

Archive
10-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>the tolstoi i've aquired is a Huggins Portrait in a PSA 4<br />

Archive
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Judson Hamlin</b><p>Since I look for rare backs (less than 160 of my 500+ T206's are Piedmont and Sweet Cap.), I am generally interested in Tolstois, and have paid slight premiums for the cards- 30% seems a little high based on what the market has been, but with the recent rise in prices, that multiplier will probably go up and as more collectors grab even one or two for a type collection, 40%-50% isn't unreasonable. I think that their drabness and general similarity to Piedmont cards has, in part, contributed to the lower prices- compared to American Beauty or Hindu, which have a certain visual appeal in addition to their scarcity.<br />