PDA

View Full Version : typical PSA lag time?

Archive
10-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Brueso</b><p>Sent them a package and the post office said it was delivered on Monday. I checked their on-line status today and it still doesn't show the submission status. Do they only fill that in after they've graded the cards? (SGC was pretty quick in at least listing what I'd sent them). I realize with their $13 grading deal going on, PSA is pretty busier than usual.

Archive
10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Griffin's</b><p>No, they should log it in right away. You might want to call customer service, if it's not logged in 24 hours it usually means it's sitting on the problem shelf, and they won't call you. I've had stuff there for over a month until I tracked it down- and the first guy I talked to say they had no record of it.

Archive
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Posted By: <b>kyle</b><p>Did you follow PSA's rules and guidelines for submissions? Did you mark the outside of the package? If not, its sitting in a pile of others not marked properly.<br /><br />-Kyle-

Archive
10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>Last submission I sent in a couple weeks ago, it took them two days from the time delivery confirmation said it arrived before they said order was recieved, then took nine business days on the "five day" special.

Archive
10-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I've noticed that they've been lagging a lot lately and that their customer service has been sub-par as well.

Archive
10-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Brueso</b><p>I called- The guy asked for my submission number and said they didn't have it. Then he asked for my insurance/registered number- and that WAS in the system. He said it would probably be logged in within a day.<br /><br />I have a hunch that '5 days' is probably going to equal '9 days' until the special is over! But at least I know they have a record of having the order. It makes me uneasy having to insure a package for $1,000 and sending it somewhere- always wondering if someone along the way might decide to 'disappear' it.

Archive
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Posted By: <b>bill</b><p>when you submit you have to know the value<br />so you know how much your costs will be<br />but if you don't have any idea of a value<br />or condition. what do you do? I have sent a couple cards to psa<br />a few years ago and every card came back graded lower<br />than what I thought and that makes a difference in my costs.<br /><br />bill

Archive
10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>PSA really is absurd with how strict they are regarding packaging and marking...I sent in a package all taped up just how they like it, and I marked it on only one side...and the cust service rep gave me attitude saying it was set aside because it wasn't marked correctly.<br />Who the hell is the customer? rules are rules, but unprovoked attitude is uncalled for,...and that was my first (free) submission!!! I still haven't sent anything else in because the first experience as such a pain in the tuckus.<br />One week to get there, another week to get it logged in after they received it, another week to get it graded, another week to get it shipped, a week in the mail...lots of fun...forget those 7 day or even 30day return policies that sellers offer...then it's just another week of communicating a return request another week to ship and another to get credited your cash in a failed transaction<br /><br />but that's just the way it is...there's no wonder there's a premium for PSA and other graded cards...for me, it's worth the extra bucks to just NOT have to send things in yourself!<br /><br />Jason L<br />

Archive
10-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Griffin's</b><p>It's not that tough once you figure out their rules. My last order was mailed on a Thursday, logged the next day, and back in my hands the following Friday. But forget to dot an i or cross a t and you're talking a month.<br />Customer service also depends on who you talk to- some are so bad I hang up if I get them, others are really exceptional.

Archive
10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>yeah the customer service from the guy's name that starts with a j....geez, talk about being completely unpeppy and not happy to be there.

Archive
10-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Posted By: <b>kyle</b><p>I had a sub sent overnight, received, logged the next day, 5 business days and the cards were graded, in my hands two days later. I put stickers on the front and back of the package about the service level and haven't had any problems!<br /><br />-Kyle-

Archive
10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Brueso</b><p>yes- but were these quick turn arounds recently? Seems like the '5 day special' is gumming up the works now.

Archive
10-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>mine basically took two and a half weeks from sending off to getting back, although i live in atlanta. someone in sacramento of course will get it back quicker, even though took a while, was for the first time happy with grades.

Archive
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Not to bring up a dead topic, but a sub that was received by PSA yesterday (confirmed via tracking at USPS.com) was entered in this afternoon. Not sure what else would cause delays, but making sure the package is correctly labeled I'm sure plays a huge role. I put large stickers on each side of the box/envelope.<br /><br />Have a great day,<br />Kyle

Archive
10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Griffin's</b><p>My quick turnarounds were all in the last 3 months. Part of it is due to living about 30 miles north of PSA, so the mail only takes a day each way. But for the most part they've been pretty good on turnaround. <br />I'd gladly give up a day here and there, though, if they would have someone double check the labeling that actually knows what they are looking at.

Archive
10-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Posted By: <b>RayB</b><p>A few days to receive and log my orders.<br />Turn around time for the last couple of years has been astounding. Regardless of the type of service, it is graded in anywhere from 3 to 8 days from entry into the system.<br />I have no issues.<br />RayB