PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Orbit Gum pins??

Archive
10-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Hello all,<br /><br />I haven't bought or found anything vintage for a loooong while to add to my collection because of financial reasons. However, for the time being, I am somewhat caught up and have the opportunity to buy some Orbit Gum pins (numbered).<br /><br />I checked on eBay and saw that these appear fairly frequently and there aren't too many in the set so, if I wanted to try and complete one, it wouldn't be too difficult. Also, I like them better than the Cracker Jack pins of the same era.<br /><br />I haven't bought the 2007 SCD big book yet and was wondering if there was any price movement in these compared to the 2006? That would just be my luck, another area that is starting to get hot...<br /><br />I would like to hear your opinions on this, please.<br /><br /><br />Thanks, <br /><br />David<br /><br />PS, I also have the opportunity to buy some S74 silks with the backs still on them but they are 10 times as much as the Orbit Gum pins and the seller wants to sell them all at once, which I can't do financially right now. Should I: 1) buy the Pins, 2) hold off on the pins and save up for the silks or 3) not buy anything and use the money to reduce my debt more? (I know the last option is the fiscally responsible thing to do but......

Archive
10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>stick with cards as i think thats what you really like, if your not really going to be fiscally responsible(who is?) ,why spend $$$ on something different. but those pins are cool!

Archive
10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>I agree. Stay focused on your main collecting thrust. Don't pick up stray items that you will wish were cash later. If the $ burns a hole in your pocket, pay off debt; then later you can be less conscientious with the debt when the right card comes along.

Archive
10-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Todd Schultz</b><p>I'd prefer the silks, and depending on the price he wants, they should be a better mid to long term value, imo.