PDA

View Full Version : Thickness of T201 Mecca Double Folders

Archive
10-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe Drouillard</b><p>I have a novice question on the thickness of the T201 Mecca Double Folders. I won my second Double Fold on Ebay last week and was surprized to see how thin the card was when I received it. At first I thought maybe I had a reprint, but when I checked the thickness of a second card that I purchased a year ago I was surprized to find it was also paper thin. I checked Old Cardboard and the Standard Catalog and neither resource lists the thickness of the issue. I also tried the search function on this website, but I don't see a posting that answers the question.<br /><br />If the original issue was this thin I wonder how the cards survived being enclosed in tobacco packages without creasing?<br /><br />Were the T201's really this thin?<br /><br />Thanks for your help.

Archive
10-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>They're pretty thin, yes. I had the same reaction when I bought my first one.<br /><br />-Al

Archive
10-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Posted By: <b>ME Wheat</b><p>I collect T 201's. All of mine are consistent and printed on paper that is a little heavier than normal weight copy paper. Definitely not cardboard. This surprised me as well.

Archive
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Darrell</b><p>Yep -wafer thin- interesting "cards" - almost like colored newspaper

Archive
10-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Ray</b><p>I was surprised when I got my first one as well. I haven't even scanned it at full size yet because I'm too afraid I'll end up breaking it somehow. They're about as thin as you can get for a card.

Archive
10-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe Drouillard</b><p>Thanks to all who responded. I'm happy to know that they are most likely originals. I guess I'm really surprised at how well the have held up throughout the years. They are very neat cards.<br /><br />Best wishes,<br /><br />Joe

Archive
10-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Posted By: <b>arcade</b><p>jeez now people are gonna think they're getting fakes if the things aren't see-thru thin. they're thicker then typical bond copy paper in my opinion, but still very delicate. in copy paper terms it would have to be the special kind you reserve for resumes or what kinko's would sell as card stock.<br /><br />now would also be a good time to go on record that there are in fact reprints of these (i see some on ebay right now, properly labeled as what they are). there have been some posts here in the past suggesting that the t201's are a safe set to collect because they're impossible to dupe.