PDA

View Full Version : The M116 Sporting Life cards have been selling at a premium lately....

Archive
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Posted By: <b>mark</b><p>I guess they are finally getting their place in the card world after all. The higher grades have been doing very well, PSA 6 and 7 have sold way over them SMR book. I still say they are under valued SMR. These cards are just as old as the T206 and i think they are just as nice. I have liked this set for some time and always wondered in the past why they were so cheap to purchase. A Matty SGC 50 just sold for slightly under $1,000. The Matty is a beautiful M116 card.

Archive
10-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>A lot of people don't like the way the cards are colored. They think the players look too red, or just don't like the unnatural look in general. I like the cards, but then again, I weird.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Archive
10-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Richard Masson</b><p>shhhhhhhh.....

Archive
10-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>Maybe, but why are you bidding on your own items? Averysaab, M116Sportinglife, Mark Turner? Check out ebay. Shilling is not cool.

Archive
10-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>That sounds like a fair question....

Archive
10-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Was thinking the same thing...will this question be answered?

Archive
10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>You can't sneak anything by this board. Watch out!<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
10-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Dylan</b><p>I recently purchased a M116 from this seller. I didnt know he was shill bidding his auctions, very dissapointed to see that. I checked up on bidding histories of his cards. Is it possible that averysaab isnt the same person as M116 who is the seller? That handle is the one thats bidding on every auction that ive looked at, and has won several. Im not saying i didnt get a good price for the card i purchased, and the person i was bidding against in the last minute wasnt one of the ID's in question but still averysaab was the handle that bid the price up about 3 times in my auction.

Archive
10-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Posted By: <b>m116's</b><p>Check out the Bill Bradley psa 5 currently up for auction by m116sportinglife. It has the same cert. number as one purchased by averysaab on July 25. Plus they are both named Mark Turner. <br /><br />There are only so many m116's on ebay at any given time. It's not hard to keep track. I'm pretty sure shill bidding happens all the time and I wasn't even going to say anything because his bids really had nothing to do with the final price...but then he comes on here to pump up m116's and I got annoyed.<br />

Archive
10-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I'm always curious as to why threads are started, talking about how hot a certain set/subset is (e.g. T206 PSA 8's and 9's, etc.)? Of course, I think my favorite set is in high demand- don't we all? Or do we only tout sets in which we are heavily-invested (or liquidating)...???

Archive
10-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Hey so and so cards are through the roof in value... btw i just happen to be selling my collection of them!

Archive
10-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>When found out about should these people be banned from the board? I would think that someone on the board would defend themselves against FALSE accusations like these, I would.

Archive
10-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I don't know who this seller is but based on the facts at the very least this kind of activity should be banned, if not a total ban from the board. And if you bid on your own ebay lots ebay should do the same, but we can't control that.

Archive
10-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>This person has been taken off ebay. I was watching one of his/her listings and received an e-mail from ebay stating that the listing had been cancelled

Archive
10-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Posted By: <b>stella</b><p>this message is edited as Stella is not well known, is not known by me, and I will use my dictatorial powers to further ban this person if they comment again in this kind of thread ....like it or leave it.....thanks ....your dictator friend...(leon)

Archive
10-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>deleted

Archive
10-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Posted By: <b>stella</b><p>Fess up all, even if he did how many of you guys or gals maybe put in a bid just to get a minimum for a card or product. If he did want $24 for the card and Paul wanted to pay $25 then everyones happy. I'm not saying he even did that, maybe the guy is innocent all along and got a bad deal. I can see if he bid it up to $500. Come on, life is short. Get a life paul, i hope you never bid on my stuff. If you don't like what you get i might be kicked off Ebay.

Archive
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>I have a decent life so I'll pass on getting a new one. It's not like I'm some ebay detective who goes around looking for violations and looking to get people kicked off. I bid on m116's and it was just so obvious. There are other ways of shilling if you really wanted to bid up the price. Like I said earlier it happens all the time. Stella, what is your ebay id so I can not bid on your items?

Archive
10-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>Paul Stratton = Public Service!<br /><br />Stella = Shilla<br /><br />Mark, Stella, Averysaab, M116sportinglife, T206queen, whoever the hell else you are! A shiller by any other name....<br /><br />Get a life or not, but GET LOST! <br /><br />

Archive
10-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>In golf we call it "protecting the field".

Archive
10-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Sounds like this Stella guy is using multiple aliases. Can't think of anything that would give a buyer more confidence than dealing with a quick change artist.

Archive
10-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>Speaking of which--we never did get the other aliases of the seller who claims that we ALL buy from him, yet challeneged us all not to (without revelaing his various personalities).