PDA

View Full Version : date of Mayo 203s

Archive
10-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Posted By: <b>jim sexton</b><p>I have a complete set of Mayo T203s. Looking in the Standard Catalog, they have the date for this set as 1900. The words at the bottem of one of the cards however says "The Naps", which I presume refers to Nap Lajoie's team. But isn't that a much later date than 1900?

Archive
10-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>congrats on completing the set!<br />the t203's were my wife's favorite until recently when she caught<br />the Monster 'bug' with me.<br />didn't get close to getting them all but i do remember The Naps<br />and Caught Napping.<br /><br />SGC and GAI labeled them 1900.<br />I didn't think of any connection to Lajoie, in part because, as you suggest,<br />the Naps designation for Cleveland didn't come 'til around 1903, lasting to<br />1914, if my memory is any good at this late hour.<br /><br />I remember jay behrens collected them all some time back so i'm hoping<br />he may chime in and give us his take on your question.<br /><br />best,<br /><br />barry

Archive
10-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>I had always assumed they were from around the same era as t206s.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Archive
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Just remembered that I was told that set from 1903. I remembered this when remebered the year of the set was the same as the alst 2 digits of the set designation. I can't gaurentee that is the actual date, but it would be about the right time.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Archive
10-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>there you go, Jim.<br /><br />many thanks for the efforts, Jay.<br /><br />best,<br /><br />barry<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />