PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever bought from Tom Witek?

Archive
10-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Posted By: <b>czupsic</b><p>I am curious as to whether anyone has bought from the aforementioned seller. How did you find his prices and service to be? ....thanks

Archive
10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Tom and his company are fine to deal with, imo. Good service. As for pricing it's a matter of opinion. I have bought from him a few times. No different than anyone in that respect....Some good prices and some not as good...just gotta make your own mind up on that. I am sure folks say the same thing about most people buying and selling. He's fine to deal with though. regards

Archive
10-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>used to work with/for Mike Wheat and understands the business. As Leon said, and with all dealers, some good prices, some not. Never had a problem with him from a buy or sell side..........

Archive
10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Posted By: <b>czupsic</b><p>Thanks guys.

Archive
10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Griffin's</b><p>Nothing but good to report, and have had some long phone conversations with him. Knowledgable and personable.

Archive
10-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I bought a few cards from Tom about a year ago. Called him up to pay with a CC, & man can he talk. Seemed like a nice guy. No problems here.

Archive
10-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Posted By: <b>BcDaniels</b><p>straight up seller/buyer

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Posted By: <b>darrell</b><p>no problems at all -- very good customer service - good communications

Archive
10-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Have met Tom before (Chicago National) and spoken to him on the phone about cards. Very cordial guy, enjoyed meeting and talking to him. I have bought cards from him before and every transaction was great.

Archive
10-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Tim Newcomb</b><p>Along with Kevin Savage and Ron Barrett, Tom is the dealer who has made me feel most welcome at his table (whether at Mike W.'s or at his own in more recent years). I don't buy much from him because he's aiming for a little higher end than I generally do. But I would recommend him enthusiastically to anyone. <br /><br />Tim

Archive
10-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Peich</b><p>Tom, like Ron Barrett, Rand Bailey, Paul Stark, Terry Knouse and others, is one of the nicest, most welcoming dealers in the trade. He and Mike Wheat, and Ron Barrett, were the first dealers I got to know when I started collecting seriously, and Tom has always been a friendly, honest and engaging student of the collecting hobby. Although he deals in higher end cards, I've bought a few from him. I always enjoy our conversations, and he's a good man.<br />Cheers, Mike

Archive
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>Class act, very nice guy to work with.

Archive
10-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Posted By: <b>robert a</b><p>I've enjoyed my dealings with Tom Witek as well.<br /><br />Thanks Tom!<br /><br />Robert

Archive
10-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p>Just wanted to add to this thread...I just completed a transaction for two pre-war cards from Tom.....excellent service and a great guy....I would recommend to all.....Chris