PDA

View Full Version : Vintage prices in the new SCD catalog

Archive
10-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Posted By: <b>John Harrell</b><p>I just got my copy of the 2007 SCD catalog and, according to it, prices have certainly moved up this past year. 30's sets, which is the focus of my collection, moved up around 15% on average with similar movement in T and E cards. Significant increases came in the 41 Goudey and 34 WWG sets, about 50% each.<br /><br />Even though I collect beaters, it's nice to know that the guides reflect what this board has echoed for a while. The market for prewar is strong in all grades.<br /><br />John

Archive
10-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>Over the weekend I was at a party where a friend introduced me to someone as one of the leading authorities on boxing cards in the world (flattering intro). The first thing the other guy asked me was "Isn't card collecting on the decline?" All the lay press fixates on is the contraction in the shiny crap market. Prices are way up on prewar stuff and way down on the shiny crap for the oldest reason in the world: Supply and Demand. I haven't gotten my 2007 book yet but I'm willing to bet that the prices are already out of date for vintage cards.

Archive
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby</b><p>I bet the prices where out of data before the books came off the press.