PDA

View Full Version : Our upcoming auction is ready for viewing

Archive
09-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh Wulkan</b><p>All:<br /><br />Just a quick note to let you know that our next Masterpiece Auction is currently available for viewing on our website. Bidding will begin on 9/20/06 at 10:00am EST with day 1 ending on 10/4/06 and day 2 ending on 10/5/06.<br /><br />This is going to be our best auction, by far, loaded with great vintage cards and collectibles. There's a little bit for just about everyone in this auction, including:<br /><br />a pair of N142 Duke Cabinets (Davis & Delehanty)<br />a pair of N43's (Ryan & Morrell)<br />the largest single lot of T206 backs ever offered at public auction (36 of 40)<br />high grade T's, lower grade T's, T-lots, etc..<br />A beauty of a T210 Obak Buck Weaver SGC 60<br />National Chicle Nagurski SGC 60<br />E92 Bender Striped Cap SGC 40<br />Complete 1955 Esskay Hot Dog Box w/ Card<br />1915 CJ Joe Jackson SGC 20 (much nicer)<br />1914 CJ Honus Wagner SGC 40<br />1933 Goudey Lajoie PSA 4<br />T213 Coupon Ty Cobb SGC 30<br />Briggs Meats Mantle<br />Old Judge Dummy Hoy SGC 60<br />and lots, lots more....<br /><br />Feel free to browse around the site and get familiar with what we have. If you're already on the mailing list, catalogs will be mailed on 9/19. If you're not on the mailing list and would like to receive the catalog, please feel free to send me an email and I'll check to see if you're already scheduled to receive one or you can just go to our home page and click on "request catalog".<br /><br />thanks,<br />Josh Wulkan<br /><a title="Online auction house specializing in Baseball Cards Vintage Sports, Non-Sports, and Americana Collectibles, Memorabilia and Autographs" href="http://www.hugginsandscott.com" target="_blank">www.hugginsandscott.com</a><br /><br />email: josh@hugginsandscott.com

Archive
09-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Trevor Hocking</b><p>Josh,<br /><br />The auction looks amazing as always. I wish you guys good luck and I will be bidding for sure.<br /><br />Best,<br />Trevor Hocking

Archive
09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Evans</b><p>Nice auction. Can anyone estimate how much the CJ Joe Jackson will likely bring? Thanks. Mark

Archive
09-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>Giving due credit, I won in a Huggins & Scott auction for the first time last time (a few group lots) and was happy with what I won, shipping, etc.

Archive
09-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Posted By: <b>steve f</b><p>I see there's a 1915 CJ Shoeless Joe. Can't locate the 1914 CJ.

Archive
09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh Wulkan</b><p>All,<br />thanks so much, hopefully this will just be the start of many more great auctions to come.<br /><br />The "oops" was for a mistype on the "1914 CJ Joe Jackson"; it is the 1915.<br /><br />Any other questions, by all means, please ask.<br /><br />Josh

Archive
09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Cat</b><p>Mark:<br /><br />I would guess the total (including vig) on the Jackson will be somewhere around $6,750.<br /><br />Edited: estimate to reflect that's a damn nice 20<br /><br />

Archive
09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Evans</b><p>Thanks, Cat.

Archive
09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>cj jax have been up and down the last few years...it can go for an outrageous amount but there's also been a couple that i thought was more than fair. Cat's estimate of $6750 is probably high for a regular 20 but like he said that's a fine 20 and deserve any extra premium.

Archive
09-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh Wulkan</b><p>One last reminder that bidding begins tomorrow (Wednesday Sept. 20) at 10:00am EST.<br /><br />Catalogs are mailing out today and most will have them in their mailboxes by Thursday/Friday of this week.<br /><br />If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call our toll free number 1-866-462-2273 or email us and we'll be happy to answer anything we can.<br /><br />thanks,<br />Josh Wulkan<br />VP of Auction Operations<br />Huggins and Scott<br /><a title="Online auction house specializing in Baseball Cards Vintage Sports, Non-Sports, and Americana Collectibles, Memorabilia and Autographs" href="http://www.hugginsandscott.com" target="_blank">www.hugginsandscott.com</a><br />auction@hugginsandscott.com

Archive
10-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Posted By: <b>Josh Wulkan</b><p>All:<br /><br />A final reminder that today is the last day to get your initial bids in on the first 772 lots in our current auction. All initial bids on lots 1-772 must be in by 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time tonight in order to bid at the end of the auction.<br /><br />If you miss tonight's deadline, you can place initial bids on lot #'s 773-1550 up until tomorrow (October 5th) at 9:00pm EST.<br /><br />If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or email us.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Josh Wulkan<br />Huggins and Scott Auctions<br />auction@hugginsandscott.com<br /><a title="Online auction house specializing in Baseball Cards Vintage Sports, Non-Sports, and Americana Collectibles, Memorabilia and Autographs" href="http://www.hugginsandscott.com" target="_blank">www.hugginsandscott.com</a>

Archive
10-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>u were low on the CJ JAX estimate...it ended at over 8k with juice! wow, congrats to everybody who won something. some nice stuff.