PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Private Feedback

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Drum</b><p>Just noticed in the ebay announcement section that after on or about 10/26/06 sellers with Private Feedback will no longer be allowed to list items.

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I think that's a good thing...

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Posted By: <b>PC</b><p>It's about time.<br /><br />I wonder what the seller's of homemade-slabbed parerstock cutouts and PRO-slabbed trims will do now?

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>but kind of a bonehead move by ebay to even allow them to be private........I guess I could see that they will NOW be able to only BID but even that shouldn't be allowed. Should all be in the open.........

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Posted By: <b>Josh K.</b><p>Agree its a good thing - I also wish that ebay would prohibit sellers from keeping bidders' ids private.

Archive
10-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>i'm sure everybody already knows, but for anybody who doesn't, if you go to this site, you can view anybody's feedback score, even if they are private, also if they aren't private, you can get a list of all negs and nuetrals they have ever gotten on ebay<br /><br /><a href="http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User</a>=

Archive
10-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt E.</b><p>Now if they just would eliminate Private Bidders. I feel that is more of a sham, scam whatever you want to call it.<br /><br />

Archive
10-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Private bidders have their Positive, Neutral, and Negative totals unhidden. Exactly what else do you seek to know about a bidder? And why.

Archive
10-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...is important to tip them off to scams.<br /><br />

Archive
10-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>I guess that I was a little quick on that draw, T206Collector. I thought there was objection to buyers who opt to keep their transaction feedback private. Im gonns haveta cut back on the cafeene, Ive been jumping the gun quite a bit lately.

Archive
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>i'll bet we are going to see a whole lot of "graded" paper cut-outs & "aged" reprints on EBAY in the next few weeks. ugh!

Archive
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>poor comic-keys, aka Dr Koos, is going to have to have his feedback exposed for all to see now.<br /><br />Jay<br><br>I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Archive
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>Sweet! I can't wait to read the feedback of Fayes southern memories.

Archive
10-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Judd Hamlin</b><p>but I've always treated those auctions as a giant "Stay Away" sign, kinda like an eBay Love Canal, if you will, so they are useful to a point.

Archive
10-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Drum</b><p>Be interesting to see if this is a retroactive policy whereby you have to expose your feedback record or whether it only applies to listings moving forward. Hopefullly it will be a transparent effort that exposes the history of the entire Seller ID.