PDA

View Full Version : W551 Wool's American-Maid Bread

Archive
09-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>I noticed a W551 card with a stamped back of "Wool's American-Maid Bread". I don't know much about this set, but have followed it for the last year and a half. This is the first one I've seen with this stamped back. <br /><br />My main question is: Are these backs legit? I thought the W551 cards were strip cards. I have an uncut strip and I thought they were sold via candy-like machines which the kids cut up. But if there is a stamp from a bread company on the back, does that mean they were inserted with bread and thus maybe a F-set also? Or....maybe the bread company stamped it afterwards, and thus it should really be a MK instead of a true issue. I have no idea. Any input would be appreciated.

Archive
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>anyone?

Archive
10-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I know about as much as you do on this one, but I did find a reference to it on this set list. <br /><br /><a href="http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/Hofers/speaker.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/Hofers/speaker.html</a>

Archive
10-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I don't believe they are in the ACC but are given a number in the Sports Collectors Bible....as I am at work now (right?) I don't rememeber the number...

Archive
10-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim Manos</b><p>they ask if they could put on there website. I agreed but I have not seen anything yet. This is not much but hope it helps.

Archive
10-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>I had SCD catalogue one several years ago. Bob Lemke took the scan and I believe it was in the SCD paper as well.<br /><br />Scott

Archive
10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>thanks guys.

Archive
10-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I combed the 4th edition of the Sports Collectors Bible and didn't see where they gave this a number. I would put it in the same category with the other back stamped strip cards. I have a Barker Bread, Fleer, and a few others....I think using the regular strip card number is best....