PDA

View Full Version : Now that the auction is over...1911 Baseball Bats

Archive
10-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Are these cards 1911 Baseball Bats?? If so, then the buyer has 20% of the known set. Also, was this a good deal?? Just curious.<br /><br />Item number: 160033198439<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />David

Archive
10-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I do think they were Baseball Bats, from the pictures, and was watching them. The only issue is the fact that they are trimmed fairly far down. I still think they were a good deal though......

Archive
10-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Zach Rice</b><p>Yes, the cards in the album were 1911 Baseball Bats. Unfortunately, whoever originaly cut them from the candy box, didn't also include the white border that would surround the card on all four sides. With that being said, I think it was a decent deal for the amount of cards you get at one time. They are pretty difficult to find, and ten at a time including Speaker, Evers, etc. is a signficant grouping imo.

Archive
10-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>Thanks for the responses. I thought they were Baseball Bats but wasn't sure because I have never owned one or seen one in person.<br /><br />Next question, do you keep the scrapbook together or do you soak the Baseball Bats and the Fatima team card out and then sell the rest??<br /><br />I would soak the cards out and keep them and sell the rest but that's just me...<br /><br /><br />David

Archive
10-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Posted By: <b>David Vargha</b><p><font color=blue>Correct me if I'm wrong, but photo stock cards like Fatimas aren't candidates for soaking.</font><br><br>DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Archive
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>If that's the case, then OOPS, my fault. <br /><br />What would you use, a hot iron on the other side of the page against back of the card?

Archive
10-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>You can soak Fatimas. They kind of curl up though.

Archive
10-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Posted By: <b>martindl</b><p><br />I am in no way questioning the authenticity of this particular auction, but just a note that this seller was a seller of the bogus Tuxedo 'cards' a while back. I say 'a seller' because there may have been more than one. <br /><br />